Let's Welcome Brandon

AddisonStSox

Whether you are for the move or against, Brandon is now a full-fledged member of our belov'ed White Sox. Here's hoping this move pans out and Brandon gets some very valuable experience at the major league level before joining the staff on a permanent basis next season.

For those of you that haven't been lucky enough to watch BMac pitch, he's a complete joy to watch. I know we have a lot of out-of-towers, and there are probably many more members better equipped to answer these types of questions, but he's a tall, slim drink of water with magical stuff. Gone are the days of the fifth-starter hole. Although I'm disappointed we brought up our most coveted rookie to occupy this spot (whether for the short term or the long) he is the best man for the job, hands down. I mean, dude almost made the big league club this ST...he's that good.

I'll leave the major league comparisons up to Jason or some of the other minor league hounds, but a very accurate comparison of his actual delivery is that of Huston's Roy Oswalt. Although he's much, much taller than Oswalt, he has a very similar, wide open, arms flailing delivery to the plate...let's hope he has similar successes.

Here's to you Brandon!!! Go get those scary Cubbies!

I'd say Brandon is a very similar to Prior. Only one difference and you could say its a big difference too (depending on your take on velocity) and thats that Prior can throw consistently 3-4 MPH harder than him. Aside from that the two have pretty much identical stuff, both have very similar and what I'd call flawless deliveries.

Plus both have just the ultimate streak of "cool" in them. It deals with just extreme mental toughness.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 20, 2005 -> 11:17 PM)
Whats the smell factor out of 10?  :lol:

I gotta tell ya D, you popped me. You mentioned Kanny and all I could thing of is this Dale Jr, song they play, I'm laughing so hard and talking about it with Jas...

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ May 20, 2005 -> 10:16 PM)
I don't know about that, D.

I've been in the Intimidators stadium, and it's better than Wrigley...

Jason and I interviewed Haigwood in CF and Schnurstein along the first base side. Fairly nice field, but nothing topped Thirsty Thursday at Winston-Salem. Man, we were so pimping that rental car...and the Krispy Kreme shop.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ May 20, 2005 -> 10:22 PM)
I gotta tell ya D, you popped me. You mentioned Kanny and all I could thing of is this Dale Jr, song they play, I'm laughing so hard and talking about it with Jas...

Holy s***, I remember that. I think we all died when we heard that.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ May 20, 2005 -> 08:37 PM)
Jason and I interviewed Haigwood in CF and Schnurstein along the first base side. Fairly nice field, but nothing topped Thirsty Thursday at Winston-Salem. Man, we were so pimping that rental car...and the Krispy Kreme shop.

:lolhitting

I just liked the rain delay line when we were up in the Kanny press box and one of the coaches was asking Haigwood, Flores and the others what was going on..."Its Raining".

That and you trying to teach me how the hell to pronounce Micah's name correctly so I didn't f*** it up in the interview (of course I said something stupid in that interview..forget what).

But on Thirsty Thursday Cerb and I showed off our "Guns" :lol:

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 20, 2005 -> 10:39 PM)
:lolhitting

I just liked the rain delay line when we were up in the Kanny press box and one of the coaches was asking Haigwood, Flores and the others what was going on..."Its Raining".

That and you trying to teach me how the hell to pronounce Micah's name correctly so I didn't f*** it up in the interview (of course I said something stupid in that interview..forget what).

Yeah, we were with Flores, Moat and I think Haig in the press box and they asked Cook what was the hold up. "IT'S RAINING" yelled Cook. Moat leans out the window and yells back "NO s***?"

I think the stupid thing you asked if the weather was this bad last year to Flores...and he was in Bristol prior to that. lol.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ May 20, 2005 -> 08:41 PM)
Yeah, we were with Flores, Moat and I think Haig in the press box and they asked Cook what was the hold up. "IT'S RAINING" yelled Cook. Moat leans out the window and yells back "NO s***?"

I think the stupid thing you asked if the weather was this bad last year to Flores...and he was in Bristol prior to that. lol.

Thats right.:lol:

Of course there was also the Bryant Nelson interview where i somehow managed to never record it (so we had to go off the stuff we remembered) :lol:

I think I'm a gifted reporter, the kind the rides the short bus :ph34r:

Plus don't you remember BoJingles :headbang

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ May 20, 2005 -> 10:43 PM)
It just came to me when I read the word Kanny, I gotta get that song.

I think that was by far the greatest stadium music I ever heard. I just remember us four in the press area ROLLING.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ May 20, 2005 -> 11:52 PM)
I think that was by far the greatest stadium music I ever heard. I just remember us four in the press area ROLLING.

How that doesn't fire anyone up to hit a game winning homer, I'll never know.

I was telling Jas, I recall that, and some local clown saying "Common, it's gonna rain" to hurry up the game.

What good times.

Dear Brandon McCarthy,

Please do not get me wrong, I mean no disrespect. I do not want you here yet. I just don't feel like you are ready. Please, prove me wrong. Go out and start a new trend amongst Sox minor league call-ups. Be the pitcher in Spring Training and not Arnie Munoz in Montral. El Duque, whatever the problem, please get it taken care of. This kid is not ready, I'm sorry that I feel that way, but there have been too many Ruffcorns, Boltons, Munoz', Diaz', Stewarts, Sanders'........etc.........

PS- Brandon, Please Don't Suck.

Sincerely,

whitesox91403