Garland on his way down?

DonkeyKongerko

Article on Jon Garland from Herald.

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/sox.asp

"We have to sit down at some point and discuss that particular situation,'' White Sox manager Jerry Manuel said. "It's not a good one right now because we're not getting the consistency we projected.''

Coming from Jerry Manuel, this sounds pretty bad.

An interesting thing I noticed. As we are all jumping off of bridges because of Jon Garland, take a look at the Twins. Did anyone realize that they have two starters with worse ERA's than Jon, including their #1 starter, Brad Radke at 7.84. Also Rick Reed with a 7.54 era, compared to Garland's 7.32.

Guest hotsoxchick1

well it doesnt surprise me one bit.. jon has got that damn kip wells disease..........."deer in the headlights"..........i wish he could get his stuff together because when his head is screwed on right hes got awesome stuff............im happy with stewie and loz...... so i guess we need to put a push and get wright up here to take jons place huh............. :huh: ....yikes i had a feeling if jon kept this up it wouldnt be long before he departs to the south lands...........

well it doesnt surprise me one bit.. jon has got that damn kip wells disease..........."deer in the headlights"..........i wish he could get his stuff together because when his head is screwed on right hes got awesome stuff............im happy with stewie and loz...... so i guess we need to put a push and get wright up here to take jons place huh............. :huh: ....yikes i had a feeling if jon kept this up it wouldnt be long before he departs to the south lands...........

I refuse to accept that Jon has Kip Wells disease. Jon isn't exactly crapping his pants the way Kip was, he's just a little gun shy. I think he can get over it.

Guest hotsoxchick1

I refuse to accept that Jon has Kip Wells disease. Jon isn't exactly crapping his pants the way Kip was, he's just a little gun shy. I think he can get over it.

you cleaning his shorts now too?????? :D

Jealous?

:bang

Guest hotsoxchick1

Jealous?

:bang

oh heck no..you can clean all the shorts your little heart desires, im sure its a tough task... besides you know i only have eyes for that certian pic of yours.............. ;)

i wish we had kip and his racing strips right now instead of garland :o

Guest hotsoxchick1

BITE YOUR TOUNGE

I wish we still had Wells and Fogg....meanwhile Todd Ritchie is now mediocre....what's with that?! :huh:

CWSOX45

Guest hotsoxchick1

yeah well something better happen soon.. me has a feeling someone is hurting and is gonna go on the dl soon..............maybe two somebodies.......... :o

Guest hotsoxchick1
yeah well something better happen soon.. me has a feeling someone is hurting and is gonna go on the dl soon..............maybe two somebodies.......... :o

Ummmm .... do you know something?

lets just say i have heard things...............nothing official yet but ....something to worry about just the same........

lets just say i have heard things...............nothing official yet but ....something to worry about just the same........

ok, here is a list of players who might be hurting

sandy, paulie and jon garland which i do not think so.

I would sub Koch for Sandy. His Fastball is at least 5 mph slow... that saids possible injury to me.

I would sub Koch for Sandy. His Fastball is at least 5 mph slow... that saids possible injury to me.

ive believed all along now that billy bean pulled a fast one on kenny...he new koch was hurt or was atleast readt to pitch like crap due to misuse by art how last year...koch has to be hurt..you just dont lose 5 -10 mph off your fatsball..especially when you are a fastball pitcher

ive believed all along now that billy bean pulled a fast one on kenny...he new koch was hurt or was atleast readt to pitch like crap due to misuse by art how last year...koch has to be hurt..you just dont lose 5 -10 mph off your fatsball..especially when you are a fastball pitcher

you may have a point. i didn't think about it and what would kw say.

baggs you  have a very good point there..........keep watching............ ;)

detective worked was too hard on that one hsc..was talking to jentheA'sfan and few others over on the A's board afew weeks ago ...geez..all of them said how art howe really misused billy down the stretch lst year...on top of the innings pitched in which billy throws more pitches per IP than any pitcher , howe had him up and down alot and didnt use him..brought him in in the 8th inning when they felt he wasnt properly warmed up...they said koch lost it for the most part down the stretch and in the playoffs last year and his performance this year comes as no surprise to them...

maybe KW should take a hnadle and check with fans of another team about the value of players...what could it hurt??...looks like the A's fans nailed billy koch :huh:

I guess we will all see about Garland on Saturday versus the Twinkies. I will be glued to WGN as I am sure most of you will be. Let's start a chant (mantra) "Go Jon Go" when he is pitching and see if we can help him. Jon Garland has so much talent and has pitched some fantastic games, but is so inconsistent it hurts. I want to see him and the Sox win because we have to get going. Plus Fri-Sat-Sun versus the Twinkies? I hate those guys.