Cooper on the Score right now

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ May 21, 2005 -> 09:36 AM)
So far all he's said is that El Duque goes on the DL tomorrow.

s***, that is not good at all. If it was a minor injury they would have optioned the 12th bull-pen dude (holy s*** that's how tired I am, I can't even remember his name). I know they can back date his DL to Monday, so it only means 2 starts, but I think he's out for awhile

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ May 21, 2005 -> 09:41 AM)
He also said Buerhle knew how to pitch "right out of the womb." He didn't sound real concerned about Duque, just want to give him a little time off.

Sorry, can't listen at work right now, did Cooper actually say they wanted to give him time off, or has he not really said anything?

thanks in advance!

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ May 21, 2005 -> 09:41 AM)
He also said Buerhle knew how to pitch "right out of the womb." He didn't sound real concerned about Duque, just want to give him a little time off.

They're making this out to be no big deal, but if it is why were they being so secretive about it? The thing that concerns me is they thought nothing serious was wrong with Bere, or Wright, or Barcelo....the list goes on and on. I think the secretiveness of the move speaks volumes. El Duque obviously is fatigued. Last year with what appears to be the same problem he missed the last month of the season plus the playoffs.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ May 21, 2005 -> 09:50 AM)
The thing that is going to suck about El Duque on the DL is all the "experts" are going to point to this as the beginning of the end for the Sox.

WHO CARES????????? Hopefully Tony is right and it's just precautionary so that they don't overwork him when they don't have to. The question is if Brandon pitches like he's capable of then we give ourselves a great problem, it'd be interesting to see what would happen.

Is anyone else worried about the effect of not having El Duque around is going to have on Contreras? It seemed like he was a really good influence on Count--and I'm a little nervous about that.....

Is anyone else worried about the effect of not having El Duque around is going to have on Contreras? It seemed like he was a really good influence on Count--and I'm a little nervous about that.....

It's not like El Duque isn't going to be travelling with the team or sitting in the dugout.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ May 21, 2005 -> 08:26 AM)

If Duque is on the DL, he can still travel with the team if he wanted. Although he may just stay in Chicago.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 21, 2005 -> 10:28 AM)
If Duque is on the DL, he can still travel with the team if he wanted. Although he may just stay in Chicago.

I just wasn't sure if he was going to have to go to rehab and then couldn't travel. Because, iirc, Count (at least last year) did a lot better at home than on the road. That was my big concern.

QUOTE(That funky motion @ May 21, 2005 -> 10:14 AM)
Im sure they are just giving him a rest. Coop sounded like no big deal. Its not like we are the Cubs,we dont hace to keep secrets are fans are knowledgable! :D

maybe they are dealing him????

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 21, 2005 -> 10:48 AM)
Im going to think positive here and there just wanting to keep El Duque fresh, and they are able to do that with the situation the Sox have put themselves in.

I agree - I think they are just trying to make sure that he lasts a full year. He's no spring chicken ya know lol.