Brandon McCarthy ML debut game thread vs Cubs

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 22, 2005 -> 11:12 AM)
To give Rowand a break maybe? :huh  Rowand has been struggling at the plate lately, although Carl has as well.

Maybe Rowand needs a break. I don't know. He just had a 12 game hitting streak broken and he's had two potential doubles go just foul in the past two games. Doesn't seem like he's struggling to me.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Rowand needs a break.  I don't know.  He just had a 12 game hitting streak broken and he's had two potential doubles go just foul in the past two games.  Doesn't seem like he's struggling to me.

In any case, it gives Rowand a rest and gets another lefty bat in the lineup against Prior.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 22, 2005 -> 11:15 AM)
Maybe Rowand needs a break.  I don't know.  He just had a 12 game hitting streak broken and he's had two potential doubles go just foul in the past two games.  Doesn't seem like he's struggling to me.

I don't think it ever has to do with who's struggling or not with Ozzie. Dye's bat was and is starting to wake up in the lineup, and he had Carl play in place of him.

I don't think it ever has to do with who's struggling or not with Ozzie.  Dye's bat was and is starting to wake up in the lineup, and he had Carl play in place of him.

Well, in 3 career at bats versus Prior, Rowand is 0 for 3 with a strikeout. It's a small sample size but maybe that's the reason. :lol:

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 22, 2005 -> 11:22 AM)
Well, in 3 career at bats versus Prior, Rowand is 0 for 3 with a strikeout.  It's a small sample size but maybe that's the reason. :lol:

i guess its not a bad move, now we can fit in carl and dye who seem to be hitting quite well of late

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 22, 2005 -> 04:12 PM)
To give Rowand a break maybe? :huh  Rowand has been struggling at the plate lately, although Carl has as well.

I wish Rowand had gone after fat boy yesterday when he plunked him and really, really thought AJ was going to.

Maybe we should put Timo in to rush Prior and get them both otta the game.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 22, 2005 -> 08:46 AM)
I wish Rowand had gone after fat boy yesterday when he plunked him and really, really thought AJ was going to. 

Maybe we should put Timo in to rush Prior and get them both otta the game.[/color=green]

ROFL....Timo is worthless. I hope when Gload/Thomas come back its Timo/Walker that are on the way out.

Guest JimH
Sweet, Arow is out there afterall.  That makes me very very happy.

They have their best defensive lineup out there, good idea with it being McCarthy's first start.

I thought maybe Ozuna in for Uribe but Uribe's defense outweighs his hitting slump.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 22, 2005 -> 09:13 AM)
They have their best defensive lineup out there, good idea with it being McCarthy's first start.

I thought maybe Ozuna in for Uribe but Uribe's defense outweighs his hitting slump.

Exactly...when I had saw all that stuff I was worried. I was wondering why Ozzie would put one of the worse defensive lineups the Sox could have out there for a rookie. I think you got to do your best to at least catch the ball and not create a need for Bmac to get extra outs.

On a sidenote, I shudder at the thought of Pods playing anywhere in the outfield, let alone CF and when you mix it with Everett out there defensively as well....well thats just ugly.

Oh man, on Comcast they just showed the play from a few years ago when GMatt Jr barreled over Sandy and Sandy hung on.

I've never seen Sandy so pumped in my life.

One of the most memorable games I've been to.

Glad to see the Gooch back in there. He's been Mr. Consistentcy all year. We'll need all the baserunners we can get against Jesus, if he's on his game.

Edited by robinventura23