Garland will be just fine....

Jimenez4MVP

:huh: So what Garland has had a couple bad starts so far...

We need to chill out and let him pitch a few more times before we start jumping all over him saying he needs to be gone and all that good stuff.. Just remember, it wasnt too long ago that everyone said Carlos Lee Sucked and he needed to be traded, now look..

I think he is going to be just fine, remember, he pitched a GEM the other day but the team blew it for him, maybe that also effected him, I dunno..

I just think we need to give stuff some time, we are 11-8, not that bad, and we are going to get better so lets just sit back and watch the Good Guys slaughter the hapless O's for the next three games while we get ready for those damn Twins! :angry:

We need to chill out and let him pitch a few more times before we start jumping all over him saying he needs to be gone and all that good stuff.. Just remember, it wasnt too long ago that everyone said Carlos Lee Sucked and he needed to be traded, now look..

I think he is going to be just fine, remember, he pitched a GEM the other day but the team blew it for him, maybe that also effected him, I dunno..

I just think we need to give stuff some time, we are 11-8, not that bad, and we are going to get better so lets just sit back and watch the Good Guys slaughter the hapless O's for the next three games while we get ready for those damn Twins!  :angry:

Not everyone wanted Carlos to get traded.

And so far, he's had 3 bad starts, and a couple more and he needs to be taken out of the rotation. If we can send him down to AAA, we should do that, or if we can't due to him being out of options, send him to the bullpen and let him figure it out.

He's been in the league long enough to where he should be able to get over the team blowing a game for him. If not, maybe he doesn't belong in the majors.

And 11-8 is pretty bad when you consider who we've played. The Tigers, Indians, and Royals. We lost 4 against the Royals, 3 against the Indians, and 1 against the Tigers. 2 of those Royals games we blew, and we shouldn't have lost to the Tigers. We should be 14-5, but there's no point in looking in the past.

We need to win this series @ Baltimore, and it starts today with Esteban going for his 4th win.

Go Sox!

I wish that was the case. Unfortunately, it has been almost 4 seasons of a couple bad starts then a good start, 3 more bad ones, then another gem. JG is not going to make it in the Major Leagues as a starting pitcher if he doesn't develop something that resembles consistency.

I just think we need to give stuff some time, we are 11-8, not that bad, and we are going to get better so lets just sit back and watch the Good Guys slaughter the hapless O's for the next three games while we get ready for those damn Twins!  :angry:

I'm with you on this one. Jon will get his crap together. I was hoping it would be this year, and it still might be, but even if it isn't he is still really young. There is plenty of time left before calling him a bust.

Guest hotsoxchick1
but isnt this his break out year?????? :D

That was last year..... or was it two years ago :huh: ? :rolleyes:

i think its a continual thing... each year hes breakin out.. with what we have no idea............. :D

i think its a continual thing... each year hes breakin out.. with what we have no idea............. :D

Acne.

I'm telling you he's just a kid. He deserves more time.

Guest hotsoxchick1

Acne.

I'm telling you he's just a kid. He deserves more time.

yeah thats what they said about cesar too and look at what happened to him............. :D

I'm telling you he's just a kid.  He deserves more time.

The "kid" has been in the League for awhile now. How long do you give a guy, kid or not, before you pull the plug and admit he may be a bust? Not much longer..... IMHO.

Why does it matter where he's been playing. If he had been playing in the minors all this time and just came up you wouldn't want to be getting rid of him.

I'm telling you he's just a kid.  He deserves more time.

The "kid" has been in the League for awhile now. How long do you give a guy, kid or not, before you pull the plug and admit he may be a bust? Not much longer..... IMHO.

Why does it matter where he's been playing. If he had been playing in the minors all this time and just came up you wouldn't want to be getting rid of him.

True..... because the majority of his time would have been spent in the minors. JG is going on 4 seasons now of average-below average pitching in the Majors. There is no where else for him to go but down to the minors. A team that is supposedly making a run for the AL Central can't afford to let JG, once again, struggle to find his consistency with what has been going on 4 seasons now.

you dont completely give up on garland because he is young and he could put it together..but in a season when you are suppose to contend you dont let him drag your team down either...how does that help his confidence when he knows his teammates are looking at him like , if only this guy could pitch we wouldnt be in 2nd place???...there comes a point where for this season only , the plug need to pulled not only on garland but maybe some others(im looking at you aaron rowand , mr billy botch :huh: )

this is a year where if we dont make the playoffs we lose any chance of signing bartolo colon long term..so i would not let JG or anyone else screw that up...i give garland 3 more starts...if he doesnt pitch lights out in 2 of them garland either goes back to triple A or to the bullpen depending on his option status...he can work on becoming a consistent starter next year after we ink colon to a 4 year deal because we went deep into the playoffs and had the money to do it since the cell was full from july on to root this team home...

for botch..he gets one more blown save before the break...if he blows 2 more by then he is out of the role...

for rowand..im really close on him after he failed to move a runner over from 2nd with no outs tonight..i think for now you stick rios out there against righties and lefties and until he prove he cant handle it, rowand becomes the 4th outfielder...if rios then struggles you can give rowand another chance..

you dont give up on the yongsters that are struggling all together..but you sure dont let them ruin the season either...we arnt rebuilding anymore