My letter to Newsweek

Cerbaho-WG

From CW: Sox Watchers (Down Arrow) - For the second straight year, South Sider jumps fence and attacks. This would never happen at Wrigley.

My response:

In your 4/22 version of Newsweek in the Conventional Wisdom section, something caught my eye. It was the very large picture of the bruised and bloodied moron who attacked an umpire at U.S. Cellular Field. The CW rating and explanation caught my eye as well. Let's get our facts straight before we start spewing complete garbage in a magazine: 1) The fan was a Cub fan, and was reportedly seen at Wrigley drunk out of his mind earlier in the day. 2) This would never happen at Wrigley? Do I have to remind your editors of the Randy Meyers or Dodgers hat incidents? 3) Ever look at the crime rates of Birdgeport and Wrigley? Public intoxication can do wonders for a section's crime rate. Born and raised as a South Sider, I find it quite offensive that your CW editors would go so far as to not even report the truth, and then seemingly slam Sox fans as a whole. Sox fans don't need the national media to start bashing them as well, the Tribune Company does that well enough.

:fyou Newsweek, my subscription might just be cancelled.

Guest hotsoxchick1

well good for you........but one thing.. you didnt mention all the nasty habbits scrub fans have..........and the only time we have trouble at our park is when they show up............... :headbang

From CW: Sox Watchers (Down Arrow) - For the second straight year, South Sider jumps fence and attacks. This would never happen at Wrigley.

My response:

In your 4/22 version of Newsweek in the Conventional Wisdom section, something caught my eye. It was the very large picture of the bruised and bloodied moron who attacked an umpire at U.S. Cellular Field. The CW rating and explanation caught my eye as well. Let's get our facts straight before we start spewing complete garbage in a magazine: 1) The fan was a Cub fan, and was reportedly seen at Wrigley drunk out of his mind earlier in the day. 2)  This would never happen at Wrigley? Do I have to remind your editors of the Randy Meyers or Dodgers hat incidents? 3) Ever look at the crime rates of Birdgeport and Wrigley? Public intoxication can do wonders for a section's crime rate. Born and raised as a South Sider, I find it quite offensive that your CW editors would go so far as to not even report the truth, and then seemingly slam Sox fans as a whole. Sox fans don't need the national media to start bashing them as well, the Tribune Company does that well enough.

:fyou Newsweek, my subscription might just be cancelled.

Good work Cerb.

Guest hotsoxchick1

here cerb check out this site..... theres a ton of these things..............and anyone can access them...im sure youll find a few goodies on scrub fans in there since thats what they are known for......note the pitchers name which appears on this little tid bit.... not only the fans have potty problems but the players do too..........

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/floodwood7.shtml

Guest hotsoxchick1
Hey, hsc, do they have any Jesus Prior bashing there?

heather i dont have enough life left in me to dig through all they have.. you may be able to find it faster than i can..........lol lol lol.....remember im the computer illerate one.......... ;)

heather i dont have enough life left in me to dig through all they have.. you may be able to find it faster than i can..........lol lol lol.....remember im the computer illerate one.......... ;)

Oh yea, wouldn't want to force you to use up the remaining brain cells you have, as old age has done many in!!! lol ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1

Oh yea, wouldn't want to force you to use up the remaining brain cells you have, as old age has done many in!!! lol ;)

:fyou up yours heather lol...my brain cells are just fine........ ;) its my knowledge of computers that lacks somewhat......... :D

:fyou up yours heather lol...my brain cells are just fine........ ;) its my knowledge of computers that lacks somewhat......... :D

HA!!!!!! :lol: