Frank to return by next weekend???

I saw Frank play last night and he looked nowhere near ready to come up. He wasn't recognizing offspeed pitches and looked pretty bad in his 2 strikeouts and dribbler to 2nd base (also had a solid single to left). He was, however, very friendly in coming out after the game and autographing s***.

This makes a lot of sense. You need him much so in AL games than NL ones.

If that means bringing him up a week or two earlier then do it. He can help you against Tex, LAA, & Cle & then rest him the next 7 days in NL parks.

I hope he can do it because Everett's hamstring problem seems to be nagging.

http://minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/st...milb&pid=123245

It's weird seeing Thomas on a ml roster. It's nothing to shout about but nothing to worry on either.

Edited by JUGGERNAUT

If his foot feels fine and his swing is decent, I say bring him asap.   It doesn't mean we have to play him every day.  He might as well start looking at some real pitching.   We slowly ease him back into the lineup.

Well, I want Frank back soon as much as anyone but the point is that he needs to be getting AB's everyday. If he can't run the bases well enough to do that with us, he may as well stay with Charlotte. If he can run the bases well enough to hit almost everyday, I agree -- bring him up.

Edited by Jabroni

I took this from the other Sox board...

Bruce Levine on ESPN1000 reports that Frank told him 2 weeks ago that he's moving back to Chicago fulltime, getting married, and will live in Chicago year-round. He also "won't move anywhere else because he doesn't want to be a part-time dad". Bruce says highly unlikely Frank will accept a trade. Also points out that the Sox could use a bigtime hitter and that Frank is still one.

When asked about his status with the Sox after this year, he also says that given his relationship with JR, his likely performance, and his tenure with the team, that he wouldn't be surprised to see him stick around. No mention of the "conventional wisdom" among the print mediots that KW is determined to get rid of Frank. As he said about DeLuca in regards to Frank being willing to be traded West "He's probably working with old information". IMO, the same is probably true regarding KW's feelings on Frank. By all accounts, he's a pretty good teammate.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ May 23, 2005 -> 11:17 AM)
Is anyone else worried about Frank coming up. I just hope this doesn't ruin the team chemistry. I doubt it will but I also hope he doesn't get into a terrible funk and bring this team down.

He's not going to bring the team down...Ozzie won't allow it.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ May 23, 2005 -> 10:17 AM)
Is anyone else worried about Frank coming up. I just hope this doesn't ruin the team chemistry. I doubt it will but I also hope he doesn't get into a terrible funk and bring this team down.

Everyone needs to put this line of thinking to rest.

Frank is one of the most prolific OBP guys in the history of the game; in no way, shape, or form should we question his return to the lineup.

It's rather easy: Frank starts at DH. Done.

It's Frank Freakin Thomas we are talking about. I'm blown away with this questioning.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 23, 2005 -> 10:31 AM)
Everyone needs to put this line of thinking to rest.

Frank is one of the most prolific OBP guys in the history of the game; in no way, shape, or form should we question his return to the lineup.

It's rather easy: Frank starts at DH.  Done.

It's Frank Freakin Thomas we are talking about.  I'm blown away with this questioning.

We will find this out shortly after he comes back. Is he going to be the "my stats first only guy." If a situation calls for him to hit to the right side to move a runner along will he do it? Or will he try to pull it to get the RBI or increase his ave. This has been the complaints about him, mags and c. lee in the past. Only worrying about their own stats.

Mags and C.Lee are gone becuase of it let's see how Frank responds. Me, I hope he comes back and stays until he retires, but if he doesn't do what Ozzie asks he may be gone.

QUOTE(ptatc @ May 23, 2005 -> 11:40 AM)
We will find this out shortly after he comes back. Is he going to be the "my stats first only guy." If a situation calls for him to hit to the right side to move a runner along will he do it? Or will he try to pull it to get the RBI or increase his ave. This has been the complaints about him, mags and c. lee in the past. Only worrying about their own stats.

Mags and C.Lee are gone becuase of it let's see how Frank responds. Me, I hope he comes back and stays until he retires, but if he doesn't do what Ozzie asks he may be gone.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. What's more interesting to me is the battle between Dye and Everett to stay in the lineup. Dye isn't going down with out a fight, he's starting to heat up and can play better defense. If Thomas came back today, I'd say Everett would be on the bench.