How do you feel about interleague play?

SpringfieldFan

So now another crosstown weekend has concluded, and as more often then not, the Sox came out the better. However, overall, do you like interleague play and these annual bloodbaths with the Cubs? Frankly, I cant stand them. I can't stand the Cubs, I don't like to have to think about them, and I hate the way my guts get tied up in knots every time we have to play them. Winning against them is almost more of a relief then a cause of celebration for me. I don't know about you, but I wish the Cubbies would just stay over there in their own league where I don't have to put up with them. How do you all feel?

SFF

I know a lot of players dont enjoy it but i personally love it. I like seeing us playing teams that you normally only get to watch on TV and not see us play against.... It does take a little away from the WS since a lot of the teams might of seen each other before but i like it... im really looking forward to the padres series.

Also while im not one of those fans who hates the cubs with a passion, I still love beating them more than any other team besides the twins...

I like the "true" rivalries (Sox vs Cubs, Yankees vs Mets, Angels vs Dodgers, A's vs Giants, Houston vs Texas, etc.), and those series are kickass, but series like Arizona/Detroit or Colorado/Cleveland do absolutely nothing for me.

I won't doubt it is here to stay and on balance is a good thing, but in a way it seems a bit unfair the way it is now. I mean, is it fair that every year the Mets have to play the Yankees six times while St. Louis always gets the Royals for that part of the schedule every year? The rivalries are great, but it seems a bit inequitable...

Edited by SpringfieldFan

How can you not enjoy it?

I like that the series are a month apart again, last year they were like 2 weeks apart.

I'd change one thing: make the series an odd number of total games. Make it either 5 total or 7 total. Alternate which park gets more games each year. That way there is no season split and someone gets bragging rights.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 23, 2005 -> 08:57 AM)
How can you not enjoy it?

I like that the series are a month apart again, last year they were like 2 weeks apart.

I'd change one thing: make the series an odd number of total games.  Make it either 5 total or 7 total. Alternate which park gets more games each year.  That way there is no season split and someone gets bragging rights.

5 out of 6 will give us bragging rights. No worries.

I like it all except for our pitchers hitting.  That scares me.

Yeah, it's pretty bad. :lol: Although, Freddy can swing the stick a bit and McCarthy did a great job making Prior throw some pitches. I think Garland can also swing the bat a bit but Contreras and El Duque can't at all.

Edited by Jabroni