Would you make this trade

QUOTE(shagar69 @ May 23, 2005 -> 08:19 AM)
obviously this trade would NEVER do down, but i would do it in a heartbeat. IMO Teixiera and Blalock are the 2 best young hitter in the game.

I'm with you, I'd be all over this deal. Blalock and Tex will be perennial MVPs and are going to be more affordable. They would give the Sox way more production offensively than Crede/Rowand and the Sox would than either have Everett play LF with Pods in CF and Dye in right (once Thomas is back) or the option of promoting Anderson.

The only flaw would be that you'd have Konerko and Tex and Tex is the better player but you'd first have to deal Konerko as well.

Never going to happen but in short I'd do this deal and wouldn't think twice. I love Bmac and all but these two guys are awesome hitters and Blalock is a plus fielding 3rd baseman as well.

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ May 23, 2005 -> 10:22 AM)
My friend who is a huge Rangers  fan came up with a trade

The Sox would send Aaron Rowand, Joe Crede and B Mac for Mark Teixeira and Hank Blalock

Take out ARow and BMac and put in Kong and maybe a decent spec and I'd do it.

I would put in Paul. I would also leave out Bmac and Arow. Teixeria and Blalock are ten times the hitter Rowand is. I simply leave him out of the trade because you don't get an OFer out of this trade and Everett would be more expensive than Rowand.

I see Rowand as a .290/25/90 type guy lifetime.