5/23/2005 Sox @ Halos Game Thread

bjm676

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 23, 2005 -> 10:08 PM)
Garland's loss was not totally underserved in my opinion. Gave up 11 hits tonight is pretty unaccpetable. Granted at least two of those should have been caught. Also, santana is not a ''s***bag'' pitcher.

If Garland keeps a team to 3 runs in 7 IP, I don't care if he gives up 20 hits.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 23, 2005 -> 10:08 PM)
Garland's loss was not totally underserved in my opinion. Gave up 11 hits tonight is pretty unaccpetable. Granted at least two of those should have been caught. Also, santana is not a ''s***bag'' pitcher.

Thats wrong, he gave the sox a quality start and you say he deserves the loss in some ways?? He should be getting his 9th win.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 24, 2005 -> 04:13 AM)
I said yesterday that Ozzie would trot him out there the first chance he got.  Unfortunately, I was right.

Better in a game like tonight than one in which one pitch by him could decide the game. Like it or not, we only have two guys who we can count on in the pen right now (Cliff and Hermanson). Both of those guys are likely to have a rough patch also soon, so we need to find some relievers we can have faith in.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 23, 2005 -> 11:08 PM)
Garland's loss was not totally underserved in my opinion. Gave up 11 hits tonight is pretty unaccpetable. Granted at least two of those should have been caught.

Garland only gave up three runs. And if Crede catches that throw from Timo, two of those runs don't score.

I don't think Garland deserves to lose this game.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 24, 2005 -> 12:05 AM)
Wasn't ruled an error but i know what you mean.

Why wasn't it ruled an error? I didn't see it live, but they showed the replay of it later and it was in his glove and he dropped it.

Also, if we do get shut out, won't it be the first time this year? I'm just asking because since the streak ended at 37, I believe this is the only other game without a lead, no?

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ May 23, 2005 -> 10:12 PM)
Lose a couple games and this place gets funny.

Lose a game in a dogs*** fashion like this, where we look like a bunch of f***ing pussies and yes.........things get funny around here.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 24, 2005 -> 04:14 AM)
Better in a game like tonight than one in which one pitch by him could decide the game.  Like it or not, we only have two guys who we can count on in the pen right now (Cliff and Hermanson).  Both of those guys are likely to have a rough patch also soon, so we need to find some relievers we can have faith in.

With the exception of a few outings, Marte has been pretty reliable this year.

Garland had a solid game tonight, but in no way do I think he's a tough-luck loser tonight. He gave up a lot of hits to a pretty s***ty hitting lineup, and he was unable to get Kennedy out after Crede's mishap. If this is a bad game for Garland though, he's come a long way.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 24, 2005 -> 04:15 AM)
Lose a game in a dogs*** fashion like this,  where we look like a bunch of f***ing pussies and yes.........things get funny around here.

It happens. Even to the best of them.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ May 24, 2005 -> 04:15 AM)
With the exception of a few outings, Marte has been pretty reliable this year.

Marte's control has been scary all year. His WHIP is awful, and he's barely escaped some big innings this year. Everyone knows Ozzie doesn't have a lot of confidence in Marte.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ May 23, 2005 -> 11:12 PM)
Thats wrong, he gave the sox a quality start and you say he deserves the loss in some ways?? He should be getting his 9th win.

He didn't pitch well tonight. Can that really be disputed? Sure he got out of the innings but 11 hits in 8 innings is bad. He didn't have his good crisp movement on his pitches tonight like he has the rest of the year. Sure the sox could have one this game but garland hardly pitched a good game.