5/23/2005 Sox @ Halos Game Thread

bjm676

QUOTE(Fotop @ May 23, 2005 -> 12:28 PM)
Santana is a rookie, yes, but he's highly touted. If I recall he is/was the #3 prospect in the deep Angels farm system. Supposedly has really good stuff, yet already has a good amount of injury history. In his first start in the majors he got shelled by the indians, who are struggling this year on offense.

With that said we should be able to score some runs tonight, we just need to be patient. Make him throw strikes, see if he makes mistakes, etc. Don't go up there swinging at everything. Either way, I expect Garland to stick to his current form against an anemic looking offense without Vlad. Erstad was their three hole hitter last night, Quinlan their 5th, ick.

So let's get Garland his ninth win tonight! :headbang

That's true, but he got destroyed by the Indians last week. Bud Black & Mike Scoiscia will give him a good game plan - but whether or not he follows it is anyone's guess. BTW, the Angels are 10-9 at home. Not good for them...

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Fotop @ May 23, 2005 -> 03:28 PM)
In his first start in the majors he got shelled by the indians, who are struggling this year on offense.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ May 23, 2005 -> 03:39 PM)
That's true, but he got destroyed by the Indians last week.

:P

Anyways, bad record at home + banged up team = good odds for the Sox.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ May 23, 2005 -> 11:11 AM)
I'm really looking forward to the game - I'm going to tonight thru Wed - and it will be my first look at Garland.

Haven't seen that much of the Rally Monkey this year, now that I think of it.  We'll make him eat s*** too!!!

Bring them luck tonight. I'll be there tomorrow thru Thursday. :headbang :cheers

QUOTE(shagar69 @ May 23, 2005 -> 12:06 PM)
who the f*** is santana?

The best pitching prospect in the Angels system. The kid has electric stuff, but still has to learn how to pitch. He's definately not ready for the show, but thats not to say he can't put it all together and dominate for a start against the Sox.

He's been sick in the minors.

For anyone saying that this is going to be an easy series, your wrong. I can't even remember the last time the Sox went into Anaheim and actually played well for an entire series (i can remember a few games where the Sox whooped the Angels...but a lot more where the Angels absolutely annihalted the Sox). This place is basically on the same level as playing in Oakland and the Sox are going to have to play at there best to leave here with wins.

Regardless, sure the Angels are banged up but they also have Steve Finley finally getting his crap together and just took 2 of 3 from the Dodgers and have been pitching surprisingly well.

Don't tell me whose out on the Angels, because they, like the Twins, play the game right and find a way to win regardless.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 23, 2005 -> 03:55 PM)
I f***ing love west coast games that start at nine. I can do everything else i wanted to do for the day then kick back and relax for the sox game.

I agree entirely. We got 4 9:05 games in a row. It's a beautiful thing.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 23, 2005 -> 03:55 PM)
I f***ing love west coast games that start at nine. I can do everything else i wanted to do for the day then kick back and relax for the sox game.

Agree 100%

If the Indians' struggling offense can hit for the cycle, in the first inning no less, we can definitely get to this guy. :pray

BTW, the guy's first name is Ervin. Not Johan, Carlos or Rafael. :D