5/23/2005 Sox @ Halos Game Thread

bjm676

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ May 23, 2005 -> 10:10 PM)
I hate Timo, but at least he swung at the first pitch fastball that Santana was throwing all night.

He distracted Santana too. Crede whiffed on a hanging slider right there.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 23, 2005 -> 10:15 PM)
I'd prefer the early offseason love-child around here, Placido Polanco.

I was the number one supporter to get polanco this past off-season. But when they move him chances are howard is gonna get moved with him. I don't think we will be in the market for both howard and polance but i could be wrong. Randa would be much cheaper in the term of money and talent.

QUOTE(shagar69 @ May 24, 2005 -> 03:16 AM)
I am so f***ing tired of Crede. When the f*** is fields gonna be ready. If its not by next season, then we gotta trade for a 3b, this inconsistency bulls*** is getting old.

Fields ain't close. It's not just you, but people gotta stop talking about Fields.

He's not doing well at Birmingham, and didn't light up high-A ball to the point where you're thinking the fast road to the majors. He's got a waaaaaaaaaays to go.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 23, 2005 -> 10:18 PM)
Fields ain't close.  It's not just you, but people gotta stop talking about Fields.

He's not doing well at Birmingham, and didn't light up high-A ball to the point where you're thinking the fast road to the majors.  He's got a waaaaaaaaaays to go.

ok well the, go get some cheap 3b, polanco, randa, inge, some guy like that.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ May 24, 2005 -> 03:30 AM)
can someone please give a quick summary? I just got home from work. Thanks in advance.

Jon gave up a two out double to Adam Kennedy, two scored.

On a play before that, Orlando Cabrera singled, and when McPherson tried getting into third, Perez threw one right on the money, but Crede dropped it. Next pitch, Kennedy got the double that scored two.

Sox can't hit, other than Iguchi. Garland looking good, though. Unfortunate that it doesn't look like the offense will score for him.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 24, 2005 -> 03:32 AM)
Hey Ozzie......Everett should not be batting 3rd in this lineup.  He's absolutely awful batting lefty this season.

Who should, when Rowand is out? Not Konerko. Dye, maybe. Pierzynski? Not Timo/Crede/Uribe.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 24, 2005 -> 03:33 AM)
Who should, when Rowand is out?  Not Konerko.  Dye, maybe.  Pierzynski?  Not Timo/Crede/Uribe.

Why not Dye with the way he's been hitting? Why not AJ? Everett is having a truly awful season batting lefty this year, especially in the last month or so. Everett has failed so many times recently with RISP when batting lefty.