Hotel Rwanda

Heads22

Saw it a while back here's what I wrote about it in the Films thread

Went and saw Hotel Rwanda tonight with my parents :ph34r: and wow was it ever powerful. I had very limited knowledge of the Rwandan genocide and this film really opened my eyes.  Nearly 1 million were killed in these events and no one came to their aid, except for a limited number of UN peace keepers.  Surprisingly, one of the main characters in the movie was Colonel Oliver a Canadian UN soldier played by Nick Nolte modeled in part on Romeo Dollaire, a Canadian hero :canada.  Anyways the star of this movie was Don Cheadle, his career's obvious piece de resistance as the factually based heroic Hotel manager who saved the lives of many.  Also starring is the wife of Cheadle's character played by Sophie Okonedo who is actually Oscar nominated for her beautifully played role.  Also starring in smaller surprise roles were Jean Reno and Joaquin Phoenix.

Anyways this is obviously a great film which everyone should see.  Especially those of us who don't believe people of black skin are treated differently than those who have white skin.

9/10 (Loses a point perhaps temporarily for being a bit confusing as to the different groups in Rwanda ie Hutus, Tootsis, and Interahamwe.  Could have gone a little deeper with the history aspect of the incident.)

:headbang  :headbang

:headbang