the look

baggio202

anyone see the nasty look loaiza gave jimenez as they went into the dugout after jimenez made a lazy attempt to get surhoff at first base on his infield hit???...no love loss there

if i was manuel id have jimenez on the bench right there...it was the perfect time to make a statement to this team that no matter what you hit if you dont play the game right 100% of the time you arnt gonna play...that someone on the bench will...

eventhough the replay looked like surhoff might have been out thats beside the point..jimenez made it a bang-bang play when he could have gotten surhoff by 5 steps..

thats twice now already for jimenez..in the KC game after marte gave up the lead he went half assed after a grounder and it went under his glove for a hit...i dont care what he hits this s*** has to stop...for god sakes who has a lazy lead off man??

looks like carlos is working his way off my s*** list and jiminez on it :lol:

Guest hotsoxchick1

yeah what happened to this "it takes a team" concept?????? i would have not only benched him right there i would have kicked him in the ass as well..........little f***er...... this is a small showing to you why his teamates didnt like him out west.. :fyou :fyou :fyou jimenez

It was a nice play but he kind of seems like he zones off out there. One thing I notice is that Hurt really seems to be getting along with everyone. He had a huge smile after the double and when he went into the dugout him and Jose were laughing and he really seems to be part of the "team" and not just a member of the team.

Oh s***, Jimenez half-asses a play and the world has come to an end. Must I remind everyone that he is hitting .350 with an OPS of 1.100?

plays like that are why this team has finished between the twins the past two seasons despite the sox being much better on paper ...this team this year is close to turning that corner..hell i even see some hope in carlos lee lately...his defense has looked better than ever this year and the last couple of games he has looked to go to RF when needed...the sox are starting to get this team concept thingy..jimenez needs to get on board quick

If Jiminez is putting up these stats and is only concerned with the peersonal aspect of things, then that has to change. It takes a TEAM to win. See Anahiem as an example. Hell, we'll have to start calling Jiminez "Little Sammy" if he plays with that "me" attitude.

It was a nice play but he kind of seems like he zones off out there.  One thing I notice is that Hurt really seems to be getting along with everyone.  He had a huge smile after the double and when he went into the dugout him and Jose were laughing and he really seems to be part of the "team" and not just a member of the team.

Like I said before this was crystal clear in the KC game where Frank got hit and took two steps towards Ascencio and both the benches and bullpens cleared to back him up.

Oh s***, Jimenez half-asses a play and the world has come to an end. Must I remind everyone that he is hitting .350 with an OPS of 1.100?

I don't care what he is hitting if he is costing us potential runs with a lazy attitude. That is the kind of stuff players can control and will save us runs against in the long run.

umm, how come you guys never got mad at Ordonez???

I mean, he had A LOT of plays the past few years that he completely dogged. why not complain about him? is it because Jimenez is already on your s*** list?

Ordonez has the tendency to get lazidasical out there and has been doing it since he's been on the Sox, perhaps Jimenez is the same way.

should he of done that? no would I as a manager question it? damn right, but you guys are letting your feelings on him and take it to the 10th degree in exaggeration.

I mean, he had A LOT of plays the past few years that he completely dogged.  why not complain about him?  is it because Jimenez is already on your s*** list?

Ordonez has the tendency to get lazidasical out there and has been doing it since he's been on the Sox, perhaps Jimenez is the same way.

should he of done that? no would I as a manager question it? damn right, but you guys are letting your feelings on him and take it to the 10th degree in exaggeration.

i never heard that about mags. are you sure.

why does everyone have to "hear" something. Maggs has slacked off many times in right. a lot of times on balls hit in shallow right he would jog too it. He's gotten better, but he had many of those moments.

maggs will hit a grounder and will job to first, it HAS HAPPENED. jogging to first is just as bad as taking your sweet time on a grounder BTW, and jogging to first is something TOO MANY players do, yet nobody really brings it up unless it is very clear.

I also hope Jimenez doesn't make a habit of doing that, because NO player should, but don't bring up one incident on a player you don't like, and not others for favored players.

why does everyone have to "hear" something.  Maggs has slacked off many times in right.  a lot of times on balls hit in shallow right he would jog too it.  He's gotten better, but he had many of those moments.

maggs will hit a grounder and will job to first, it HAS HAPPENED.  jogging to first is just as bad as taking your sweet time on a grounder BTW, and jogging to first is something TOO MANY players do, yet nobody really brings it up unless it is very clear.

I also hope Jimenez doesn't make a habit of doing that, because NO player should, but don't bring up one incident on a player you don't like, and not others for favored players.

the only time ive ever seen maggs look like he has "dogged it" is when he was having trouble with his back...which flairs up now and then and then the decision becomes is an 80% magglio better than his replacement??...with daubach and rios now that will be answered with maggs sitting when he is hurt..

when maggs is 100% he is making sliding catches , great relays and stealing bases..thats not dogging it...

maggs is one of the hardest workers on this team..this off season he spent 6 weeks working out with AROD in miami prior to ST...if our whole doggedit like maggs we would be a perennial playoff team

I didn't say Maggs didn't work hard and I will retract what i said about him "dogging" it cause that was misused, but Ordonez has been "lazy" at times in the outfield and has at times, like many other players, jogged to first.

all I'm saying is a lot of players do stuff like that, so don't rag on Jimenez for doing it.

it seems some just want to get on him for the sake of getting on him. Valentin made another error yesterday, I don't go bringing it up every time he does, hell, I would probably have the mosts post if that was case, but if Jimenez make one mistake or god forbids goes 0-4, the ragging on him occurrs.

does Jimenez have a history of being a slacker? yeah, you can say so, but that doesn't mean we are gonna bring up every god damn situation just because we are afraid to appreciate the good a player we hate has done.

how many times have young players taken a grounder and taken their time before making a throw? Hell, I know many times when young fast players come up, they will hit a grounder and beat it out because a shortstop or third baseman, veteran or not, simply took their time to throw it.

it happens, let it be.

it happens with other players too..but in the past this type of play has become a habit with jimenez...so when it pops up every now and then people will jump all over it...

there is alot of truth to saying "perception is reality"..and right now the perception of jimenez coming into this season was he has a lot talent but has always been a little lazy and has had problems getting along with teammates..so when he dogs a play and gets burned people will jump on him...if tonight lets say he gets in a shouting match in the dugout with another player about whatever im sure he will be the one taking the blame

he is responsible for this perception by his previous actions..its up to him to change that "perception"..he wont accomplish that by letting someone beat out an infield hit when he should have thrown the guy out by 15 feet..or when he fails to go get a ground ball right after marte gave up the tieing run in that 8th inning of a game against the team in first place in our division...

if find it ironic that it was bj surthoff who beat out the throw..suroff isa about a slow as they come..but he has always been known as a guy that goes 1005 all the time..never dogs it...hopefully jimenez learned something last night..if a 15 year veteran can bust his ass down the line and do it on every play then its alright for d'angelo to do it too

his defenders are saying the guy is hitting 350 , leave him alone..but if next month he is htting 250 and does the same thing do we leave him alone then???...is a hot bat an excuse for being lazy???

I mean, he had A LOT of plays the past few years that he completely dogged.  why not complain about him?  is it because Jimenez is already on your s*** list?

I have thought about this a little bit before replying to it. And most places tend to have a mob mentality when it comes to certian players. There are very distinct groups of people who look for any opportunity to rip Koch, Konerko, Thomas, Carlos, Jimenez, Paul, Garland, and Rowand. It is interesting that Maggs seems to be one of the few players who doesn't have an anti-following. I wonder why that is?

None of our players are immune to ripping untill they win something. I'd say the reason for ripping on Rowand,Paul,Garland,Koch,Konerko ect. to this point is obvious. People haven't blased Lee since he started hitting. People will be happy with any player that earns their paycheque.

None of our players are immune to ripping untill they win something.  I'd say the reason for ripping on Rowand,Paul,Garland,Koch,Konerko ect. to this point is obvious.  People haven't blased Lee since he started hitting.  People will be happy with any player that earns their paycheque.

I'm not talking about just bad preformance knocking. I am all for ripping someone who is playing badly. But some people seem to have anti-fan groups with agendas against certian players. I wonder why Maggs doesn't have one, but some of our teams superstars do?

Exactly. Hes helped this team much more than he hurt it. I know they shouldnt be halfassing it out there but did Surhoffs hit really hurt us? No. Manuel should just tell him he better hustle next time but dont bench our hottest hitter...

None of our players are immune to ripping untill they win something.  I'd say the reason for ripping on Rowand,Paul,Garland,Koch,Konerko ect. to this point is obvious.  People haven't blased Lee since he started hitting.  People will be happy with any player that earns their paycheque.

I'm not talking about just bad preformance knocking. I am all for ripping someone who is playing badly. But some people seem to have anti-fan groups with agendas against certian players. I wonder why Maggs doesn't have one, but some of our teams superstars do?

Thats another good point. We have people here who are completely against certain people no matter what they do. Some hate them cuz they like the person whos spot they took (hsc and baggs are Aaron Miles fans, which is why they hate DJ, I liked Miles but I was even more in favor of DJ, and I have been since the beginning, after all, hes done pretty good) and some hate people because their just idiots (KW for example, people would still rip on him after he fleeced everyone in the Colon trade). I wasnt a huge supporter of Williams but when he made that trade I congratulated him. All Im saying, is give credit where such is due and criticism where such is due. There are certain players I like basically without exception, like Frank and DJ. But I will rip on em when I think they arent doing well enough...

Thats another good point. We have people here who are completely against certain people no matter what they do. Some hate them cuz they like the person whos spot they took (hsc and baggs are Aaron Miles fans, which is why they hate DJ, I liked Miles but I was even more in favor of DJ, and I have been since the beginning, after all, hes done pretty good) and some hate people because their just idiots (KW for example, people would still rip on him after he fleeced everyone in the Colon trade). I wasnt a huge supporter of Williams but when he made that trade I congratulated him. All Im saying, is give credit where such is due and criticism where such is due. There are certain players I like basically without exception, like Frank and DJ. But I will rip on em when I think they arent doing well enough...

i would say KW has done a better job than most give him credit for.

i dont hate jimenez because he took miles spot...i dont even hate him...ive given him credit for his hot start and the talent he possesses..i just dont want to see anyone derail this team this year..it is so damn important that we win so we can resign colon , pick up maggs option ,ect...the team has to come first this year..thats something that hasnt happened since '00..anyone who could even remotely have a chance of screwing that up im gonna watch real close