Uribe argument on ESPN

Pauly8509CWS

Harold Reynolds argued with Krukie for a good 5 minutes about what Uribe did. Reynolds said he needs to use common courtesy, Kruk basically called D Lee stupid and said if youre gonna listen to the middle infielders you get what you deserve.

Anyone else see this?

I saw it and agree with Kruky. You listen to your thirdbase coach. He isn't a hood ornament. What's the hurt in running it out? Nothing. What's the hurt in listening to a middle infielder? Well you saw it on Sunday. It's a fake out. I would've done it.

Willie Harris and Juan Uribe did the same thing last year when they faked a double play turned against the flubs. Anyone remember what I'm talking about? I think it was the game Felix Diaz pitched. I heard no public outcry about this. Also Peter Gammons said that a lot of teams probably will try doing it now that Uribe was successful with it.

QUOTE(Brian @ May 23, 2005 -> 08:25 PM)
Everytime I see or hear Harold Reynolds, I keep trying to think of what the guy ever did in his baseball career that would make me want to listen to what he has to say.

Did you see the Baseball tonight where he was talking about a game he made an error on a popfly and the production crew found a clip they THOUGHT was that, but when it played it was a differant one. It made Reynolds look like a horrible fielder. I laughed.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 23, 2005 -> 08:26 PM)
Well Reynolds was a 4 time gold glover and an all-star(then again, that was when the M's weren't good).

i looked up that comment about the M's. The ONLY reason he made the all-star team is because he was fast. He stole 60 bases that season. other than that, he bated .275 with only a handfull of RBIs and a LOW on-base-percentage of .325. His 1988 stats were similar, but also not deserving.

Reynalds is worse than Randy Winn!!!!

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ May 23, 2005 -> 10:06 PM)
Did you see the Baseball tonight where he was talking about a game he made an error on a popfly and the production crew found a clip they THOUGHT was that, but when it played it was a differant one. It made Reynolds look like a horrible fielder. I laughed.

I saw that, and he was obviously embarrassed. It was hilarious!

As for the Uribe play - if Derrek Lee is that dense and clueless, then he deserves what he got. Can you imagine if he had tweaked a hamstring or groin stopping at 2nd base?

:o

QUOTE(Pastime @ May 24, 2005 -> 02:05 AM)
I saw that, and he was obviously embarrassed.  It was hilarious! 

As for the Uribe play - if Derrek Lee is that dense and clueless, then he deserves what he got.  Can you imagine if he had tweaked a hamstring or groin stopping at 2nd base? 

:o

He was doubly embarrased after just standing there at 1st and getting picked off with the game on the line the previous afternoon.

Derek Lee is totally dense and clueless. You would expect a 9 year old playing ball with his friends to get fooled by something like that not a "professional" baseball player. Uribe took a shot and it paid off in saving us a run and if Lee was too stupid as to fall for it thats his own problem.

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 24, 2005 -> 04:05 AM)
He was doubly embarrased after just standing there at 1st and getting picked off with the game on the line the previous afternoon.

Derek Lee is totally dense and clueless.  You would expect a 9 year old playing ball with his friends to get fooled by something like that not a "professional" baseball player.  Uribe took a shot and it paid off in saving us a run and if Lee was too stupid as to fall for it thats his own problem.

Agreed

What if it was Game 7 of the World Series and you knew every pitch mattered. Wouldn't Reynolds, Baker, Lee, Paulie all do anything they could to win.

Screw this argument. And screw Paulie.

We need every friggin win. Minny is right on our ass. Look at last year. Torii Hunter took out our catcher and our season with that play. You play to WIN, not for some gentleman's agreement.

QUOTE(Brian @ May 23, 2005 -> 08:25 PM)
Everytime I see or hear Harold Reynolds, I keep trying to think of what the guy ever did in his baseball career that would make me want to listen to what he has to say.

all I think about when i see Reynolds is that he made the last out at old comiskey, one of many in his career.