5/24/05 Game Thread Sox@ L.A. Angels of Anaheim

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 24, 2005 -> 01:19 PM)
If you see that once through the lineup you adjust and start to take the ball the other way or hit it up the middle.  You dont stand off the plate, step into the bucket opening up,. trying to pull the pitch on the outisde corner.  If thats they case, you will never ever hit that ball.

That is the way to approach it. However, the pitcher will bust a few inside and you will not be able to do that. If a pitcher has pinpoint control that good you won't beat him. Just realize he was better yesterday and the players will move on to the rest of the series.

Edited by ptatc

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 24, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
OK 20 minutes of searching and I give up....

That thread was classic.

I have been looking too. Maybe it disappeared like that other thing we were looking for before? This is starting to piss me off. :angry:

Anyway, why is it that on some of the old posts you can only see have of a thread? About half of the posts are not there and are blank.

An example is this one.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...1&st=&p=entry

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 24, 2005 -> 02:34 PM)
I have been looking too. Maybe it disappeared like that other thing we were looking for before? This is starting to piss me off. :angry: 

Anyway, why is it that on some of the old posts you can only see have of a thread? About half of the posts are not there and are blank.

An example is this one.

Its funny to read some of that stuff now. 2 years will give you some perspective.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 24, 2005 -> 07:34 PM)

An example is this one.

Yeah, I found one also with a fat bartolo link to an angelfire website but the pic is long since dead. I think that might have been the one of him chasing the donut in ST.

Colon is dangerous as hell. And since its his birthday- I expect him to be extra dangerous. For us to win, we will need to get into their bullpen. Buerhle needs to counter Colon's zeros with his own. I hope Pods doesn't have the day off today. If anything put Ozuna at 3rd base. Crede is in a 3-35 slump- thats grose.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 24, 2005 -> 11:34 AM)

An example is this one.

I just went through that link and could see all the posts on all 5 pages?

The only posts that should be missing was that month period where I screwed up doing an update and we had about a months worth of offseason posts that weren't backed up.

Coming up: Mark Buehrle goes for career victory No. 77 and tries to extend his personal winning streak to seven Tuesday in Anaheim. Buehrle has worked at least six innings in 37 straight starts, the longest streak in the Majors since Curt Schilling went 39 in a row from 2001 to 2003.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 24, 2005 -> 05:18 PM)
I just went through that link and could see all the posts on all 5 pages?

The only posts that should be missing was that month period where I screwed up doing an update and we had about a months worth of offseason posts that weren't backed up.

I see just seven on the first page. I will show you a screen shot of it later.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 24, 2005 -> 07:28 PM)
Well at least I don't feel stupid for not being able to find that Freakin' hilarious Fatolo thread.

Some old threads disappear.

Like that one I searched for about 40 minutes to find. :lolhitting ;)

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 24, 2005 -> 07:29 PM)
Some old threads disappear.

Like that one I searched for about 40 minutes to find.  :lolhitting  ;)

I know I bumped it a few times last season, so I can't even go back to around spring training and look for it... It's all text based searches.