5/24/05 Game Thread Sox@ L.A. Angels of Anaheim

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(YahtzeeSox @ May 24, 2005 -> 11:52 PM)
Don't be so enthusiastic.

I WILL USE CAPS AND !1!1!1!1!11!╖├ ¤¤¦¤« EVERY TIME THE SOX GET A BASE HIT OR SCORE. IS THAT ALRIGHT WITH YOU YOU¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?

QUOTE(thomsonmi @ May 25, 2005 -> 01:01 AM)
32-14 kids.  We don't suck.

You can say that again. The pitching is amazing. I just think we need to tweak the offense somehow. Besides the marvellous Gooch, we didn't do much today. Oh, and Crede didn't suck for once in a long time.

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ May 25, 2005 -> 04:55 AM)
DUDE whoever expelled me is bulls***....its not a derogatory term its short for Japanese....he is Japanese isnt he.....I am freakin pissed.....

Cruddy is derogatory...its belittling him........Jap is short for his nationality......i just dont get it

Relax, it was a 10-second 'expulsion' or something like that, noone was trying to get rid of you. (Obviously I didn't do it, I'm just saying, it's not a big deal.)

I made an issue of the word, but I believe you when you say that you're just using it as a shorthand. A lot of people (I've found out) don't know that it's offensive. But many people will be offended by the word. (It's not just a short version of "Japanese".) And it's not that much more trouble typing out "Japanese" in full.

Fwiw, this is nothing personal whatsoever. All of your posts that I remember I've enjoyed, they've been funny. I just don't think it's a good idea to alienate anyone by using words carelessly.