5/24/05 Game Thread Sox@ L.A. Angels of Anaheim

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no you DONT have to send him there. the sox NEVER score on the contact play. running just because the guy hits the ball is the dumbest strategy in the world. little tappers back the the pitcher, and hits to a drawn in infield plague this team. you gotta be smarter than that. it's the one part of the jerry manuel regime (besides taking rookies out of games WAY to early so they can feel good about themselves) that this team continues to employ.

QUOTE(ReinsdorfSucks @ May 24, 2005 -> 10:26 PM)
no you DONT have to send him there.  the sox NEVER score on the contact play.  running just because the guy hits the ball is the dumbest strategy in the world.  little tappers back the the pitcher, and hits to a drawn in infield plague this team.  you gotta be smarter than that.  it's the one part of the jerry manuel regime (besides taking rookies out of games WAY to early so they can feel good about themselves) that this team continues to employ.

By the way Pauly grounded out. Didn't matter either way.

QUOTE(ReinsdorfSucks @ May 25, 2005 -> 04:26 AM)
no you DONT have to send him there.  the sox NEVER score on the contact play.  running just because the guy hits the ball is the dumbest strategy in the world.  little tappers back the the pitcher, and hits to a drawn in infield plague this team.  you gotta be smarter than that.  it's the one part of the jerry manuel regime (besides taking rookies out of games WAY to early so they can feel good about themselves) that this team continues to employ.

You do realize every single team in the majors would have sent Pods there? He almost scored, and any throw up the line would have scored him. God knows I dislike Ozzie's decision more than anyone else....but that was the right call.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ May 24, 2005 -> 10:25 PM)
16 straight balls.

OT: Herr Rhinehart is retiring, I just thought I'd let you hear the good news.

WOOOOO! I may be at VHS tomorrow to say "Hallo" to Frau Bowman. We shall celebrate by drinking Jaeger.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ May 24, 2005 -> 11:28 PM)
WOOOOO! I may be at VHS tomorrow to say "Hallo" to Frau Bowman. We shall celebrate by drinking Jaeger.

:lol: I'm excited to have her next year, or so Herr told us. I can't wait for school to be over.

DP for Anderson?

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ May 24, 2005 -> 11:27 PM)
Just an observation:

Our hitting sucks.

Makes you wonder how our pitching have WON games with an era....seems like they would all need era's below 2 just to have a couple wins with the way the offense plays....my god wtf is wrong.....different people click everyday and they can't keep it up....and why is our best hitter, a guy who has never seen american pitching until this year?????????????.....Answer me that f***ing question. f***ING RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by TheBlackSox8