A Sox trade brewing....

beck72

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JimH
What other GM inks a guy knowing he going to be on the DL for 4 mil a year?

Yankees, Jaret Wright.

OOPS ... they paid him a lot more.

I'm sure there are other examples. Thanks for playing though.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 26, 2005 -> 12:10 AM)
Here we go again, I trying to make peace, you stir the pot.. But I am the one that wants to argue.. :rolly

The board would be better without someone like you, there is no need to argue about petty stuff, yet you seem to keep beating a dead horse with BS, keep trying I am sure it goes over well here.

Can we take a vote on this -- who adds more to the board? I'm pretty sure the vote wouldn't be very close, and I hope you can take the hint... ;)

Guest JimH
Here we go again, I trying to make peace, you stir the pot.. But I am the one that wants to argue.. :rolly

The board would be better without someone like you, there is no need to argue about petty stuff, yet you seem to keep beating a dead horse with BS, keep trying I am sure it goes over well here.

How is what I speak backpeddlling, who in their right mnid pays a guy 4 mil knowing that the guy going to be on the DL for some of the year? ESP when your team is strapped for cash?

I know my s*** stinks, WIsh you would learn the same... the board is not big enough for your huge as ego, of trying to prove me wrong time and time again.. Does that get old failure of trying to prove me wrong? Wait you like KW right so you love being associated with failure!!! ( Yes this time I stired the pot.. sorry, for once i had to play with the him)

Where did I say that I was getting my own board? I said firekennywilliams.com would be up.. a swebsite not a baord, this board is jsut fine as long as people like you stop with your ego boasting..

I'm succeeding quite well proving you wrong, starting with the premise of you not being bright enough to understand the difference between FACT and OPINION. I think all that headbanger music may have taken its toll.

Interesting ... every time you show up in a thread and stay involved in a thread ... there's an argument. And every time, you have at least a handful of people who continually prove you wrong. This happens every few weeks, at least.

Come up with your own angle, don't steal mine. You are the one who has insisted he is right in just about every post on this thread, not me. You are insisting you're right on your OPINIONS. That reeks of a huge ego. But obviously you're not that bright ... several people have tried to explain it to you many times. But, you get off on arguing so therefore, the common sense of at least a dozen other posters fails to sink into to your cranium.

As for saying you'd get your own board ... page 11, the post which you've now gone back and edited. Once again, thanks for playing.

By the way, you SAID that most GM's were laughing at the $4M salary the Sox paid El Duque. Am I to understand you KNOW this is the case by reading an article written by Peter Gammons ... and interpreting it to fit your viewpoint? :lol:

Nice house of cards you've got with that one.

Again, I repeat ... why does this website have to put up with this same tired headbanger, er, Anthrax nonsense every few weeks?

Guest JimH
Can we take a vote on this -- who adds more to the board?  I'm pretty sure the vote wouldn't be very close, and I hope you can take the hint...  ;)

Keith, I'll abstain. I'm sure there will be other abstentions or maybe quickman might vote for him, but hey ....

Here is the thing ... it's the same old s*** from this guy, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

And over.

No one would care if he stated it as an OPINION and ADMITTED all this crap is his OPINION. But he states it as fact and shouts from the highest mountain "I'm right".

And then tells someone else they have an ego problem. :lol:

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 24, 2005 -> 10:43 AM)
:lolhitting  :lolhitting  :lolhitting

I thought Polanco talk was done-for after the off-season.

Remember how many people were in love with this guy before the aquisition of Iguchi?

Gimme Polanco anyday over MVP and let's get his ass some starts giving the trio of Crede-Uribe-Iguchi some much needed days off.

The Phils are really looking for a way to get Utley some more at-bats and that may have lowered the asking price for Polanco in and of itself.

Bring him in Kenny!

exactly what I'm thinking. Polanco can play 2B, SS, and 3B, so he'll get enough at-bats, keeping Uribe, Iguchi, and Crede fresh at all times, and is better than Ozuna and Willie. plus if his price is down, which it should be, this move makes even more sense.

I guess we're off the whole Polanco thing, so...outside of the Foulke-Koch trade, Williams hasn't made too many bad moves, and that's the only move he made which I immediately knew he made a mistake. I'm thinking when he finalized the deal with Billy Beane, hung up the phone, and said to himself, "Good God, what have I done?"

(this being my 90th post at Soxtalk, I think in at least 50 of those I mention the Foulke-Koch trade...maybe someday I'll get over it, but that doesn't seem like it'll be anytime soon)

QUOTE(JimH @ May 25, 2005 -> 07:32 PM)
Keith, I'll abstain.  I'm sure there will be other abstentions or maybe quickman might vote for him, but hey ....

Here is the thing ... it's the same old s*** from this guy, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

And over.

No one would care if he stated it as an OPINION and ADMITTED all this crap is his OPINION.  But he states it as fact and shouts from the highest mountain "I'm right".

And then tells someone else they have an ego problem. :lol:

Why is my name being brought into this? Was this just a mistake when you were hitting your keys?

Anthrax is always right? Check.

Jimh knows nothing and has the biggest ego on the board? Check.

Kenny williams could win 10 world series in a row and anthrax would b**** because they lost three games in that time span in the playoffs? Check.

Anthrax got pwn3d by bacially everyone that participated in this thread yet he cannot see the light. Hm, wonder why? Not because he has a huge ego right?

Anthrax give it up. Every single thing you proposed was not fully thought out and had flaws. Other gms would have hung up on you in the matter of minutes while laughing. Every trade you proposed you most likely made on mvp baseball 2005 therefore you thought it could happen in the real world.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 25, 2005 -> 08:12 PM)

Kenny williams could win 10 world series in a row and anthrax would b**** because they lost three games in that time span in the playoffs? Check.

Anthrax got pwn3d by bacially everyone that participated in this thread yet he cannot see the light. Hm, wonder why? Not because he has a huge ego right?

Anthrax give it up. Every single thing you proposed was not fully thought out and  had flaws. Other gms would have hung up on you in the matter of minutes while laughing.  Every trade you proposed you most likely made on mvp baseball 2005 therefore you thought it could happen in the real world.

qwerty, The guy gets off on this stuff, he relishes everybody getting bothered by his comments. Everyone is playing into his hand, the entire thread is dominated by his OPINION. s*** I don't think he is even close to being a sox fan. Eitherway, just ignore.

Guest JimH
Why is my name being brought into this? Was this just a mistake when you were hitting your keys?

No ... it was a joke, figured you'd understand ... and that I wouldn't need to put it in green. Who in the heck was that who said some things are so obvious they don't need the green font, can't recall who said that.

I would tell you to relax but it appears you don't understand when I'm goofing with you ... which for the record is pretty much always when you think I'm serious. I'm serious.

Edited by JimH

QUOTE(JimH @ May 25, 2005 -> 08:36 PM)
No ... it was a joke, figured you'd understand ... and that I wouldn't need to put it in green.  Who in the heck was that who said some things are so obvious they don't need the green font, can't recall who said that.

I would tell you to relax but it appears you don't understand when I'm goofing with you ... which for the record is pretty much always when you think I'm serious.  I'm serious.

Sorry i have been in a pressure cooker lately. Five contracts, lots of work. Cannot relax at all. No sleep....blah blah blah.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 25, 2005 -> 08:12 PM)

Anthrax give it up. Every single thing you proposed was not fully thought out and  had flaws. Other gms would have hung up on you in the matter of minutes while laughing.  Every trade you proposed you most likely made on mvp baseball 2005 therefore you thought it could happen in the real world.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Guest JimH
Sorry i have been in a pressure cooker lately. Five contracts, lots of work. Cannot relax at all. No sleep....blah blah blah.

I comprendo, I'm in a similar pressure cooker, will be working on web stuff all weekend ... hope you can relax w/family. There may be a token stop at Red Door assuming the PBR got delivered ... but that's it. Probably on Mon. for the parade. I hope 12 months from now it will all be worth it on my end.

Anthrax I think you need to check his numbers again. El Duque has one of the best GS/L ratio's in the league. Likewise you misunderstood what KW meant with the glowing El Duque health report. Reading between the lines it really meant we hope to get 160 IP out of him & have him healthy for the post season. The glowing health report meant that it's unlikely the WSox would lose him to a season ending injury.

At his age it's expected for him to spend a little time on the DL in a season.

All near 40 yr old pitchers do. I fully expected a GS/L of 8 at this point in the season. After all he had a GS/L of 7.5 last yr. What I didn't expect is that his influence would turn Contreras into a GS/L of 9. That's an avg of 9 GS for each loss. Phenomenal. But then again everyone always said Contreras had great stuff to be #1/#2 pitcher in the league. It took El Duque & the WSox to bring it out.

KW should get credit for that pairing.

Let's look at the rest of your NL rotation.

1. Derek Lowe - I'll take M Buehrle

2. Matt Clement - I'll take Garcia

3. Doug Davis - This is a pipe dream. There is no way the Brewers are parting with a LH who was ranked 12th in the NL as a starter last year.

4. Russ Ortiz - I'll take Contreras.

5. El Duque.

When in doubt I always choose the AL guy over the NL one because if the NL guy fails he'll get rocked. There's no middle ground. Garcia has a +32W in his career. Best on the WSox. Better than Matt Clement. M Buehrle has +30W in his career. Better than Lowe. His 2004 numbers were better than Lowe's.

Funny how you said nothing about C. Do you give any credit to KW for getting AJ & Widger? Do you think the two of them deserve some of the credit for the phenomenal rotation we have? Widger was kept because Cooper felt he did a better job than Davis calling a game & because he had the best SLG numbers of the 3. It turns out they weren't just right they were dead on. Look at Widger's SLG numbers. He's a big part of why are bench might be the strongest in the ALC.

Realistically KW only made 1 bad move: not getting Adams in the Lee deal.

Viz was a mistake. Put Adams on this team & we likely have 3 more wins.

And please get off the Everett horse. He's a big part of why this team jumped out & grabbed the best record in baseball in April. Big timely hits were the difference between winning & losing. He's never griped about playing time & just keeps delivering the big hits when they need them.

The guy is killing LH .370A .380O .522S .902OPS & struggling vs RH .184A .265O, .367S, .633OPS.

But you want to know something? That might be the most productive .633OPS I've ever seen. It's produced 16RBI, & 11R. His .902OPS produced 14RBI, & 4R. You can't look at just one set of numbers. You need to look at them all.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 25, 2005 -> 05:22 PM)
Jugg, this is one of the few mistakes I have made over my short tenure here, I actually wanted in this order pitchers

1. Derek Lowe

2. Matt Clement

3. Doug Davis

4. Russ Ortiz

5. El Duque...

No one not even me, you or anyone for that matter could have guessed that ElDuque would have come on like he has.. I however love the new KW BS lines.. WHen we signined him KW promised us that he was healthy and not to worry about him. Now with him on the DL KW says that this was known and planed out, to keep him for 30 starts.. UMM?? What other GM inks a guy knowing he going to be on the DL for 4 mil a year?

Uh no you didnt, stop lying to yourself, you were petitioning for AL Leiter in the rotation with russ Ortiz.