A Sox trade brewing....

beck72

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 27, 2005 -> 01:33 AM)
Wow before the season the same could have been said about AJ..Great insight to nothing.

Except KW did his research on him. Why do you think, Anaheim only got the almighty Juan Rivera and a AAAA shortstop for Guillen if he's so good?

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 26, 2005 -> 03:30 PM)
See, this is wher you differ.. I say that owners.. would have to pull out their money to sign AJ.. DYE would have been Gullien(a younger better version of DYE) and Gooch.. see AJ..

Put Hernandez in there and he be exactly where he is now.. ON THE FA-KING DL..

Have you ever run a business? Unfortunately, people don't succeed when they run a business at a loss. You see, when more money goes out the door, to employees, upkeep, etc., then comes in, ticket sales, merchandise sales, then the business runs at a loss.

And most good businesspeople, who wouldn't be owning baseball teams if they weren't good businesspeople, don't run their businesses at a loss. Simple economics.

Guest JimH
And How was Hernadez's start this past Sunday?

Are you completely dense?

He made a comparison of numbers up to this point, he wasn't comparing individual starts.

Why do you think the starting staff was built 6 deep? Because pitchers get hurt.

Again, are you completely dense? Do you not understand simple logic?

It's well known you don't know the difference between OPINION and FACT, but try to stretch yourself into understanding simple logic.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 26, 2005 -> 09:33 AM)
Wow before the season the same could have been said about AJ..Great insight to nothing.

Not really, if you investigated AJ (as KW thankfully did with Hermanson). They loved AJ in Minny. What happened in SF was between AJ and one pitcher, that's where all the bad stories came from.

People used to say Everett was a bad influence... he looks like a good one here.

Guillen has a consistent history of being a bad influence wherever he goes.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 26, 2005 -> 09:30 AM)
See, this is wher you differ.. I say that owners.. would have to pull out their money to sign AJ.. DYE would have been Gullien(a younger better version of DYE) and Gooch.. see AJ..

Put Hernandez in there and he be exactly where he is now.. ON THE FA-KING DL..

ACTUALLY, this is where your opinion differs from, well your opinion. If you had YOUR way, we would have then taken that money and signed umm in your words "the great OC" Orlando Cabrera. You also didnt want AJ cause you said that other that V Martinez and I-Rod, Davis was the next best option:see AAA. That means not only do you have OC in the batting order, but Willie as well.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 26, 2005 -> 10:33 AM)

AJ got anonymously ripped in the paper. Guillen got kicked off of his team. See a little bit of a difference?

I gotta also say...

I used to listen to a lot of heavy metal but frankly I could never get into Anthrax.  That might explain this whole thing between us and him.

Nope, I think it's pretty much his idiotic calling out of Kenny Williams whose currently assembled team owns the best record in baseball. Armchair GM's are a dime a dozen and they all think they're Billy Beane. The fact is that they aren't and that's why they are posting on a message board.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 26, 2005 -> 04:53 PM)
Nope, I think it's pretty much his idiotic calling out of Kenny Williams whose currently assembled team owns the best record in baseball.  Armchair GM's are a dime a dozen and they all think they're Billy Beane.  The fact is that they aren't and that's why they are posting on a message board.

I was merely taking a cheap shot at his taste in music.

I really like Anthrax.....( the band, that is - heh )....

I like the Belladonna era stuff better, but I oddly lost interest quickly in seeing the reunion tour.

My portion of the threadjack is now over, please continue with your regularly scheduled thread.