Carl Everett

jasonxctf

It would help if Ozzie didn't keep moving him around in the lineup. Not that I have a problem with Arow gogin to third, but why move Carl so low? At the time, he was till hitting, while Paulie was living la vida low-.200. Paulie should have been dropped, maybe slide Carl into the 4 spot. But I also noticed him checking his wrist. But don't worry. As today proved, he willhit when I put him on my fantasy bench. I think I'll keep him there for a few days, so the Sox can get a few wins!

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 24, 2005 -> 08:31 PM)
I disagree.  He loves this team and he wants to stay here.  Have you noticed during the games that when he would wave and miss at a fastball he'd grimace a little and then look at his right hand?  He did that several times during last nights game and it leads me to believe something is, as was suggested in this thread, bothering him injury wise.

Yes! He has been complimentary and comes across as a team player. But, I still want the Big Hurt back soon.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 24, 2005 -> 06:27 PM)
How about that at bat in the first inning ... talk about giving 100%, great approach and fouls off some tough pitches and then drills a HR.

Everett is a professional, he just showed why.

That whole at bat I was up swearing about how Everett would joke. One thing for sure, when I bash a player, they make sure they make me look wrong :lol:

Crede with 2 outs the day after I give up on him (and they were missiles) and Everett had some nice at bats. I was shocked when he actually turned on Bartolo's fastball and it was a no doubter.

I think Carl has tweaked his groin or hamstring again. He was running great the first month, but he's running gingerly now, and he's about as fast as a dinosaur now.

Oh wait - he doesn't believe in dinosaurs. Never mind.