Trade Revisited

AddisonStSox

QUOTE(farmteam @ May 24, 2005 -> 08:50 PM)
Anyways, without BMac, who do we include for Huff? 

So, who would we give up?  Some combination of Crede, Tracey and perhaps Ray Liotta?  Too much?  Too little?

That sounds somewhat close, although it'd probably take another solid prospect, maybe Gio (not high on my list). I don't think they'd want Crede as much as good pitching prospects. Huff would be solid, especially since he is cheaper, but he isn't really a third baseman. He's almost exclusively an OF/1B now, which would be nice for next year assuming Paulie is gone but wouldn't help as much right now.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ May 24, 2005 -> 08:43 PM)
Chavez is a great 3B but he is not worth McCarthy, Bmac is an ace in the making you just don't trade him away for a 3B when you have a top propect playing that position. Sure he can switch positions but the issue is parting ways with Bmac which is a no no.

Remmeber Angel Guzman the phenom in the Cubs org? Remember Kris Honel? These pitchers can go down in one minute. Although I agree to make this happen without McCarthy, I would l not be dissapointed if it went down.

Guest JimH
Remmeber Angel Guzman the phenom in the Cubs org? Remember Kris Honel? These pitchers can go down in one minute. Although I agree to make this happen without McCarthy, I would l not be dissapointed if it went down.

You are right in the sense of young pitchers being an unsure thing, and going for the established player who can put you over the top. No doubt about it.

McCarthy is the best Sox pitching prospect in over a decade. Great mechanics, and he's smart, very competitive, and unflappable. Very rare combo.

As you said, if it can happen w/o BMac, bring it on. I do not see the Sox trading any of the 6 starters, they are tired of getting burned by not having starter depth. That's also why they have a couple of retreads in Charlotte ... just in case. It is a long season.

For those of you complaining about the credibility of the rumor, just sit back, relax and partake in some intelligent baseball chatter. There have been some great--and I mean great--points made by both camps.

Personally, I think there may be some vaildity to this "rumor." GM's keep in contact regarding players/talent all the time.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 24, 2005 -> 09:20 PM)
For those of you complaining about the credibility of the rumor, just sit back, relax and partake in some intelligent baseball chatter.  There have been some great--and I mean great--points made by both camps.

Personally, I think there may be some vaildity to this "rumor." GM's keep in contact regarding players/talent all the time.

this comes from a kid who can't buy beer

QUOTE(BuehrleTheAce @ May 24, 2005 -> 05:52 PM)
Crede, Viz, and Shingo for Chavez? I'd do it in a heartbeat. If Oakland wanted a prospect too, then I want Huston Street thrown in.

This has to be a rib. Not to rip on you here but we couldn't even aqcuire Eric Karros for those 3, forget Chavez.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 25, 2005 -> 02:30 AM)
I'll tell you what I would do.  I would Trade BMAC, Anderson, Sweeney, etc for Roger Clemens right now, and pay his salaryl.

Your crazy, first of all Clemens just pulled a groin and being his age health is always a ?... 2nd no way in hell we pay 18 million for 1 year use of a guy, 3rd that would make our minors beyond pathetic... Also remember Clemens wasnt that great back when he was in the AL, part of him being so great in the NL is most of hitters havent seen him much while everyone in the AL has seen him plenty.

No way do I get rid of BMac at this point. NO...FRIGGIN'...WAY. Sure, he's still unproven but young pitchers with that much talent and promise don't come along often. If you have a potential ace at 21, you keep him. Contreras and El Duque aren't young. With Buehrle, Garland, and BMac you're talking about three guys in their mid-20s or younger that could be a nucleus like Maddux, Glavine, and Smoltz were for the Braves.

Crazy talk? I don't think so.

I also don't like the way Chavez has struggled without big-time talent around him in the lineup. Of course, you'd expect him to struggle without the guys the As had in the past, but he's looked pretty bad, no? The truly good hitters get it done whether thay have other big bats around them or not.

I'd be pissed off like a mofo if BMac is traded.

Edited by UC76

QUOTE(farmteam @ May 24, 2005 -> 05:50 PM)
Alright, I have no idea what responses were made to this, and I have no idea where the thread headed since I haven't read the rest of it, but I'll comment on this point.

Anyways, without BMac, who do we include for Huff?  Our strength is the outfield, but the D-Rays bar none have the best Outfield depth for an organization.  There's Crawford and Baldelli already at the major league level, and in the minors there's Gomes, Gathright, and Young.  There's also Hamilton, if he ever gets his head screwed on right.

So, who would we give up?  Some combination of Crede, Tracey and perhaps Ray Liotta?  Too much?  Too little?

I'd offer up Crede, Liotta or Gio and than someone like Tracey, Lummy, Whisler. Its a hell of a deal for the Rays, they'd be getting some high potential guys.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 24, 2005 -> 06:07 PM)
You are right in the sense of young pitchers being an unsure thing, and going for the established player who can put you over the top.  No doubt about it.

McCarthy is the best Sox pitching prospect in over a decade.  Great mechanics, and he's smart, very competitive, and unflappable.  Very rare combo.

As you said, if it can happen w/o BMac, bring it on.  I do not see the Sox trading any of the 6 starters, they are tired of getting burned by not having starter depth.  That's also why they have a couple of retreads in Charlotte ... just in case.  It is a long season.

I agree...in the end I would be very very hard pressed to ever deal Bmac the way he's pitching right now. He just has all the intangibles plus good stuff and pinpoint control. The guy has a shot to be a similar pitcher to Prior.