NBA Draft Lottery

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ May 28, 2005 -> 01:23 AM)
deron williams ahead of chris paul...even as an illini fan i doubt that will happen

Taft not in the top 14? I'd be happy though if the Magic ended up with him or Martell Webster.

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ May 28, 2005 -> 01:23 AM)
deron williams ahead of chris paul...even as an illini fan i doubt that will happen

I know, they'd be crazy to do that. Chris Paul running the break with Josh Childress and Josh Smith on the wings.

Now there's speculation from NBADraft.net that Atlanta will take Marvin with the 2nd pick. They will solve their PG needs by trading their 31st pick and Boris Diaw to Seattle for the 25th pick and select Jarret Jack. Doesn't really make sense to me as Josh Smith is entrenched at the SF position for a long time and I don't see Marvin EVER playing SG in the NBA.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ May 27, 2005 -> 12:52 PM)
Yep, speculation has been that Atlanta likes him over Felton and Paul, and they only like Marvin Williams as much as Deron of anyone in the draft.

What a horrible draft...

There is just no way that atl can possibly be that stupid...

You think thats odd? There is also speculation that Atlanta will draft Marvin Williams anyways and then trade their 31st pick with Boris Diaw to Seattle for the 25th pick and draft Jarret Jack. So they would end up with Childress, Marvin, and Josh Smith all for the SG/SF position. I have no idea how they can possibly fathom either Marvin or Josh playing SG.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 27, 2005 -> 01:21 PM)
Saids the Eddy Curry fan :bang

:huh:

What's the implication?

I was actually satisfied with Eddy as the 4th pick in 2001, but I absolutely HATED the Brand trade. People can argue all they want that Tyson is better than Eddy, but I will NEVER feel that he was worth trading Brand for.

Did you want battier instead? :unsure:

I'm just saying, this upcoming draft looks horrible. If deron williams is a top 3 player...wow...

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 27, 2005 -> 03:02 PM)
This darft is far from bad. This is gonna be one of the deeper drafts in recent memory. More undrafted players are gonna find there way onto nba rosters than in the past which is a good thing rather than bad.

definitely a deep draft, so much talent is coming with chris taft as a second rounder most likely and boss a second rounder followed up by dee brown

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ May 27, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)
definitely a deep draft, so much talent is coming with chris taft as a second rounder most likely and boss a second rounder followed up by dee brown

It looks deep because of unknown international players and unproven players/high schoolers taking up the middle of the first round and college names who were somewhat successful going late, as usual...

Realistically, it's a weak draft. I don't see many players making much of an impact as rookies.

The NBA is on a downhill and it would be great if they implemented an age limit...

I see utah trading up (why wouldn't portland trade down? They don't need paul and they'd get green at 6 ( who they could really use) ...that's a natural trade unless Utah wants vasquez or felton more.) This would really be nice for you palehose considering williams would not be stuck with the blazers. Because if they do hold onto the number three pick ( which very good chances they won't) they are almost forced to take him.

Edited by qwerty