NBA Draft Lottery

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 27, 2005 -> 01:11 PM)
There is just no way that atl can possibly be that stupid...

Yeah what kind of morons would want the best distributing PG in the draft when they already have a few scoring options?

Morons I tell ya, morons

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ May 28, 2005 -> 06:23 AM)
definitely a deep draft, so much talent is coming with chris taft as a second rounder most likely and boss a second rounder followed up by dee brown

Chris Taft will NOT be a 2nd rounder.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 28, 2005 -> 06:51 AM)
If you have a few scorers in place and you need a distributer you take Deron.

If you need your PG to score for you, you go Paul.

If you want someone who can run the fast break you take Paul.

If you want someone who can set up in a half court set you take Williams.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 28, 2005 -> 01:01 PM)
Very true, but he is overated as all hell.

Where do you see him ending up? I've seen him projected from 6 down to 16. Personally I wouldn't mind if the Magic took him, Howard and Taft would be a nice combo in the future, but Martell Webster is now the guy I want. Very Nick Anderson like, with some Glen Rice.

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ May 27, 2005 -> 10:30 PM)
you think so, theres a lot of talent in my opinion and i dont think hes mature and good enough for a first round selection

He's projected mid to late lottery in most drafts. He'd have to fall a long way to fall out of the first round. The draft is full of guys who are not mature or good enough to contribute, but he happens to have a very high ceiling and he's a legit 6'10", so people will jump on him. He's this year's Marcus Haislip or Jerome Moiso.

Taft is apparently falling down many teams draft boards. But no way in heck does he get past the Knicks late 1st pick. Also there are rumors that Portland is fed up with their image and will clean house this offseason by trading or releasing Ruben Patterson, Zach Randolph, Damon Stoudemire and Nick Van Exel. Not sure if I believe that one though.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 27, 2005 -> 03:51 PM)
If you have a few scorers in place and you need a distributer you take Deron.

If you need your PG to score for you, you go Paul.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 27, 2005 -> 09:47 PM)
If you want someone who can run the fast break you take Paul.

If you want someone who can set up in a half court set you take Williams.

Both comparisons tend to suggest that the Hawks would go with Paul. They probably won't exactly be loaded with scorers by the time next season starts. Walker is already gone, and it sounds like Harrington is on his way out. Their next top two scorers were PG's (Lue and Delk). Childress and Smith will be okay options but not stellar. They're going to need a PG that can score, especially since they have no post players. They'll also probably be trying to run with their lack of size and decent wing players. That would lead me to think that they'd take Paul. Williams seems like he'd be a better fit for Charlotte since their team is more dependent on post players in Okafor and Brezec.

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ May 28, 2005 -> 01:30 PM)
you think so, theres a lot of talent in my opinion and i dont think hes mature and good enough for a first round selection

Ok. Name 30 other guys who are going to be drafted in front of him then. ;)

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ May 28, 2005 -> 01:41 PM)
Taft is apparently falling down many teams draft boards. But no way in heck does he get past the Knicks late 1st pick. Also there are rumors that Portland is fed up with their image and will clean house this offseason by trading or releasing Ruben Patterson, Zach Randolph, Damon Stoudemire and Nick Van Exel. Not sure if I believe that one though.

Maybe John Nash has FINALLY seen the light. If they do end up with Marivn though, they've got a nice young core to build around in Telfair, Williams and Joel Pryzbilla (if he plays the way he did the 2nd half of last season). There's pieces there for Flip Saunders to work with. You gotta think Darius Miles would be outta there as well.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ May 27, 2005 -> 10:41 PM)

They cut or trade randolph and i might just eat a shoe. They signed him to nearly a max contract i believe, it would make no sense considering he is the face of their franchise. Who they should look to get rid of is that useless piece of s*** darius miles. Is that guy a waste of talent or what? His personality also fits right in with the other losers there. Van exel has a team option for almost 13 milion next year which will not be picked up anyway in hell. Theo ratliff makes $11,666,666 for three more years with none of those years option years... in other words they are really f***ed. They should realistically start from scratch outside of telfair, przybilla, and randolph.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ May 28, 2005 -> 03:44 AM)
Walker is already gone, and it sounds like Harrington is on his way out. Their next top two scorers were PG's (Lue and Delk). Childress and Smith will be okay options but not stellar.

Zoom, have you seen any Childress action? Have you looked at his game log since he got a starting gig in early February?

Josh Childress

The rebounding prowess from the SG slot, the excellent court vision, scoring potential, etc. Motherf***ing stud.

And I like Smith even more. I see a freak defender in the making.

The Hawks are a futures team in need of a PG and a 4/5 combo. I thought that they'd get Bogut for sure, and then hit the FA market for a PG and a PF. God damn, do they have some cap room. PGs take waaay too long to develop in the vast majority of cases...I'll hit the FA market for one every time.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 27, 2005 -> 06:27 PM)
I was actually satisfied with Eddy as the 4th pick in 2001, but I absolutely HATED the Brand trade.  People can argue all they want that Tyson is better than Eddy, but I will NEVER feel that he was worth trading Brand for.

I like Brand a hell of a lot. He could be a legitimate starting PF on a championship squad. He's an all star, there's no question about it.

However, it has been proven that superior defense out of the 4/5 is what puts rings on fingers in this league more often than not. Brand could never be the primary force on a championship squad, but Tyson can by just straight up manhandling motherf***ers down low.

Let me ask you this. Who was the most important player on the late 80s/early 90s Detroit Pistons?

I often wonder how the San Antonio Spurs didn't just kill everyone with Robinson and Rodman in 1994 and 1995. If they had a coach like Daly or Jackson, would they have mopped everyone in the playoffs? Dennis should have been the championship link from 89-90 and 94-98.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 28, 2005 -> 01:21 AM)
I like Brand a hell of a lot.  He could be a legitimate starting PF on a championship squad.  He's an all star, there's no question about it.

However, it has been proven that superior defense out of the 4/5 is what puts rings on fingers in this league more often than not.  Brand could never be the primary force on a championship squad, but Tyson can by just straight up manhandling motherf***ers down low. 

Let me ask you this.  Who was the most important player on the late 80s/early 90s Detroit Pistons?

I often wonder how the San Antonio Spurs didn't just kill everyone with Robinson and Rodman in 1994 and 1995.  If they had a coach like Daly or Jackson, would they have mopped everyone in the playoffs?  Dennis should have been the championship link from 89-90 and 94-98.

Isaiah

If you like Tyson over Brand, I don't even know what to tell you...I mean, they're rebounding and blocks are even and Brand is VASTLY superior on offense...

Tyson doesn't even start. Tyson didn't show up for the playoffs.

Brand >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> tyson

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 28, 2005 -> 01:05 AM)
Zoom, have you seen any Childress action?  Have you looked at his game log since he got a starting gig in early February?

Josh Childress

The rebounding prowess from the SG slot, the excellent court vision, scoring potential, etc.  Motherf***ing stud.

And I like Smith even more.  I see a freak defender in the making.

The Hawks are a futures team in need of a PG and a 4/5 combo.  I thought that they'd get Bogut for sure, and then hit the FA market for a PG and a PF.  God damn, do they have some cap room.  PGs take waaay too long to develop in the vast majority of cases...I'll hit the FA market for one every time.

They have what roughly 20 million to spend this off-season? Anyway here is the list of point guards this year even though they will not get one from free agency.

1. Marko Jaric (Restricted)

2. Sarunas Jasikevicius

3. Antonio Daniels (Player Option)

4. Gary Payton

5. Brevin Knight

6. Earl Watson

7. Damon Stoudamire

8. Jeff McInnis

9. Chris Duhon (Restricted)

10. Damon Jones (Player Option)

11. Nick Van Exel (Team Option)

12. Dan Dickau (Option Declined)

13. Tyronn Lue

14. Darrell Armstrong

15. Jacque Vaughn (Team Option)

16. Howard Eisley

17. Tony Delk (Player Option)

18. Steve Blake

19. Keith McLeod (Restricted)

20. Milt Palacio

21. Travis Best

22. Frank Williams (Option Declined)

23. Erick Strickland

24. Jannero Pargo (Restricted)

25. Rick Brunson

26. Kenny Anderson

27. Tierre Brown

28. Keyon Dooling (Player Option)

29. Anthony Carter

30. Jamison Brewer

31. Eddie Gill

32. Andre Barrett

33. Luis Flores (Restricted)

34. Lionel Chalmers (Restricted)

35. Junior Harrington

36. Mateen Cleaves

37. Omar Cook

38. Quinton Ross

39. Mike Wilks

40. Anthony Goldwire

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 28, 2005 -> 06:28 AM)
Isaiah

If you like Tyson over Brand, I don't even know what to tell you...I mean, they're rebounding and blocks are even and Brand is VASTLY superior on offense...

Tyson doesn't even start.  Tyson didn't show up for the playoffs. 

Brand >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> tyson

Wasn't Isiah on the Pistons for close to 10 years before they won a championship? He had a huge impact, of course, but who was the most important player for Detroit?

I don't care about the vastly superior offense. Like I said, give me a 7 footer who's gonna manhandle dudes down low. Check this guy out, he's only 22 years old. Take a look at his rebounds and blocks per minute when you get a chance. Recognize what you have on your own f***ing team, dude.

Edited by hammerhead johnson

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 28, 2005 -> 01:36 AM)
Wasn't Isiah on the Pistons for close to 10 years before they won a championship?  He had a huge impact, of course, but who was the most important player for Detroit?

I don't care about the vastly superior offense. Like I said, give me a 7 footer who's gonna manhandle dudes down low.  Check this guy out, he's only 22 years old.  Take a look at his rebounds and blocks per minute when you get a chance.  Recognize what you have on your own f***ing team, dude.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You seriously made me laugh out loud when you said he "manhandles dudes down low." He's too skinny to do so. Are we watching the same games??? Watch the Wizards series. You'll see him getting "manhandled" by below average players. ;)

I like Tyson and want him to succeed because he's on the Bulls. I'm not as negative about Tyson as you are about Eddy. Take your own advice because you never recognized what he's capable of, and he's also "on your team."

Rebounds per minute and blocks per minute. :lol:

Once again, Brand >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> tyson. That's not a knock on tyson, even though you're taking it that way. Brand is just that good. If you can't appreciate that, whether he's on your team or not, then I don't know what to tell you. Ask any knowledgeable person. I can't imagine very many people, outside of his immediate family members along with yourself, choosing tyson over Brand.

I know you carry your "i luv defense" banner in every discussion. That's cool. But personally, I believe that a combination of offense and defense is much more important...

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 27, 2005 -> 11:20 PM)
Best distributing?  Felton?

Well let's see Deron lead the B10 in dimes every year he was at Ilinois.

He had .4 less assits than Felton this year, but who had more weapons?

Also, Deron on defense=awesome