5/25 Game Thread @ LA Angels of Anaheim

Chisoxfn

I hate to bring up yesterday's game, but Marte was awesome. Just, to put it into perspective, Vizcaino was coming off a good year (in the NL, much less) and put up a 3.75 ERA, while Marte was coming off a 'bad' year, with a 3.42 ERA. Now, I realize ERA isn't the end-all, be-all (especially for relievers), but still...

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 25, 2005 -> 06:44 PM)
I hate to bring up yesterday's game, but Marte was awesome.  Just, to put it into perspective, Vizcaino was coming off a good year (in the NL, much less) and put up a 3.75 ERA, while Marte was coming off a 'bad' year, with a 3.42 ERA.  Now, I realize ERA isn't the end-all, be-all (especially for relievers), but still...

After that game winner he let up to Mench he's been a different guy, he's been going right after hitters and when he does that he's nearly unhittable.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ May 25, 2005 -> 02:49 PM)
This may be the game where Pods sits. Maybe even AJ, considering they're facing a LH.  Hopefully, Uribe rides the pine, though since he's 0-for the road trip.  In any case, we need Freddy to repeat his Wrigley performance.

:gosox1:  :gosox2:  :gosox3:  :gosox4:  :gosoxretro:

Pods is a .333 hitter in 39 ABs against LHers, only .257 against Righties. I expect Pods to be in the lineup tonight. Uribe, on the other hand....

QUOTE(Capn12 @ May 25, 2005 -> 08:04 PM)
Pods is a .333 hitter in 39 ABs against LHers, only .257 against Righties. I expect Pods to be in the lineup tonight. Uribe, on the other hand....

like .350 against lefties and .160 against righties.

Lineups out, no Pods, no AJ

P. Ozuna lf .276

T. Iguchi 2b .307

A. Rowand cf .261

P. Konerko 1b .228

C. Everett dh .243

J. Dye rf .221

J. Crede 3b .245

C. Widger c .317

J. Uribe ss .235

:puke at that lineup...but no one that is a real leadoff hitter...

and as for Uribe against lefties, I'm just saying right now he isnt hitting s***, lefty or righty

and as for Uribe against lefties, I'm just saying right now he isnt hitting s***, lefty or righty

But the last time we faced a left-handed starter was 8 games ago.

Edited by 3E8

QUOTE(Capn12 @ May 25, 2005 -> 07:23 PM)

Juan's got to be out there everyday, he's streaky and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if all the sudden he just got real hot starting tonight, you just never know with him.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ May 25, 2005 -> 07:23 PM)

P. Ozuna lf  .276 

T. Iguchi 2b  .307 

A. Rowand cf .261 

P. Konerko 1b  .228 

C. Everett dh  .243 

J. Dye rf  .221 

J. Crede 3b  .245 

C. Widger c  .317 

J. Uribe ss .235

:puke  at that lineup...but no one that is a real leadoff hitter...

I keep forgetting how many players we have batting in the low .200s right now.... :puke lets hope to see some hot streaks start tonight and most importantly, a white sox winner! :cheers

QUOTE(Capn12 @ May 25, 2005 -> 08:23 PM)

P. Ozuna lf  .276 

T. Iguchi 2b  .307 

A. Rowand cf .261 

P. Konerko 1b  .228 

C. Everett dh  .243 

J. Dye rf  .221 

J. Crede 3b  .245 

C. Widger c  .317 

J. Uribe ss .235

Wow... :puke

Can't Ozuna play at ss? Pods is an everyday player, IMO.

Guest JimH
Wow...  :puke

Can't Ozuna play at ss? Pods is an everyday player, IMO.

I agree on Pods but he needs a break. Ozzie needs to give Uribe a break too, hopefully Ozuna will get in there at SS tomorrow.

This is Donn Pall's last game. Black Jack will be in the booth tomorrow night. Mike Huff :unsure: Will be with DJ in Texas.

The Pope was on the Score and said this. I have to hand it Donn Pall, he's done a decent job since his first game.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ May 25, 2005 -> 07:45 PM)
This is Donn Pall's last game.  Black Jack will be in the booth tomorrow night.  Mike Huff :unsure: Will be with DJ in Texas.

The Pope was on the Score and said this.  I have to hand it Donn Pall, he's done a decent job since his first game.

Black Jack...hmm, well hes pretty opinionated when he wrote for Yahoo.com...that should be interesting

And Mike Huff...I always liked him when he was on the sox, granted he wasnt that good. Crazy stuff