Loaiza

Chicagoislife_2003

I don't know about u guys...But i'm 100% on that Estaban Loaiza bandwagon right now. This guys is makin fools look silly. Was this not the same O's team that lit Pedro up for 10 runs a couple weeks ago? I didn't think too much of him after the great st he had...Or the 1st 2 wins against Detroit. But these last 2 have been masterful. If this works out this could be the steal of the 21st century. The way he's goin 15 wins is a definite possibility if not more. Keep doing your thing Estaban.... :)

He's had a tendency to blow up come later in the season, but if Loaiza isn't your favorite Sox player through 20 games you've been watching a different team then me. I don't care who he's pitched against, you gotta win baby!

So far, you have to like what you see. He's never been an ace caliber pitcher before, so keep that in mind. However, he could be a pitcher's version of Luis Gonzalez and becomes a star in his 30's. Here's hoping that's the case..... :cheers

BTW, this is post #1000 for me.

Guest hotsoxchick1

congrats on 1000 yas :D .........baggs funny thing you mention the eldred comparison.......i absoultely love what i see in loz and theres alot of cal in him......if he keeps up his good work ethic here, then i see him easily going 20 games... wouldnt it be great to have our top 3 guys doing that........so far ill have to say this was the best of the kw aquisitions......or should i make that the only one i like.........

I think I have said this before but I have read 3 interesting things about Loiaza.

#1 He used to only have 3 pitches and routinely abandoned one of them during the games he pitched. When he came here they taught him the Mark Buehrle cutter and Don Cooper quizzes him between innings on what pitches he threw to what hitters to keep him thinking of all of his pitches

#2 He had no really in between start routine that he stuck to. The first thing I saw in the Tribs write up was that he has started a 15 minute stationary bike riding after his starts. In other words he now has starting something. I am sure that Cooper has him doing other stuff also.

#3 He threw too many strikes with Toronto. Hitters could just pick a zone against him, and knowing that he only had two pitches it was almost like hitting off of a tee.

Congrats :cheers

So far, Loaiza is making KW look like a genius. His stuff looks fantastic and he looks like he's totally in control. But he is 4-0 against the Tigers, O's, and Royals. I wouldn't proclaim him the Cy Young until he does the same against the Yanks, Angels, Rangers...

Congrats :cheers

So far, Loaiza is making KW look like a genius. His stuff looks fantastic and he looks like he's totally in control. But he is 4-0 against the Tigers, O's, and Royals. I wouldn't proclaim him the Cy Young until he does the same against the Yanks, Angels, Rangers...

i am extremely please with his pitching, let see how he does in june.

Lol, first it was that he just pitched against Detroit. So you guys questioned him. Then he beat the Royals. Then he beats the Orioles. Why don't you just give him a break and cheer for him? They guy is doing a great job and pitching a lot better than our 1 and 2 guys. What are you going to say when he shuts down higher caliber teams? :bang

I wouldn't put Loaiza in the books as the pitcher he has been.

he's been looking good, but like baggs said, he's done this before.

upside is he's looked pretty damn impressive so far. perhaps it is just his year.

one bright side I look at is he's always had success against the AL Central.

hopefully that continues and it spreads to the rest of the league, if not, Garland, Stewart, and/or Wright need to step up.

Which leads to this question...

Loaiza has clearly been our best pitcher so far.  If he continues like this, and we make the playoffs, do we make him our ace on the playoff roster?

too early to tell..be a nice problem to have though...make that a great problem

Guest hotsoxchick1
do you mean 20 wins or 20 games HSC?

20 win seems a bit too much and 20 games means injury.

either way, he's looked very good so far and hopefully he continues.

why cant he go 20 wins malto????...... hes 4-0 now................. ;)

Lol, first it was that he just pitched against Detroit. So you guys questioned him. Then he beat the Royals. Then he beats the Orioles. Why don't you just give him a break and cheer for him? They guy is doing a great job and pitching a lot better than our 1 and 2 guys. What are you going to say when he shuts down higher caliber teams?

soxfan do not lump us all in the same boat... i have never questioned his abilities.. i liked him from the get go......... :D