I would love to see

Cubs Suck23

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ May 25, 2005 -> 11:01 AM)
If MLB ever lets Pete Rose in the HOF  than they have to let Shoeless in as well

You know...I'm going to start saying that every time I hear someone say that Pete Rose should be in the HOF.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 25, 2005 -> 01:13 PM)
The yankees were the first team to put numbers on jerseys... Regulars numbers corresponed with thier position.  That's why all of the The yankees retired numbers seem so low.

The numbers corresponded with their spot in the batting order, not position. Babe Ruth was 3# not #9.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 25, 2005 -> 01:22 PM)
I heard a while ago that baseball wanted to let Shoeless Joe into the HOF, but then the Pete Rose thing happened and killed that idea.

No disrespect intended, but I find that highly unlikely.

QUOTE(Cali @ May 25, 2005 -> 01:11 PM)
This thread raises a question, who will the next Sox retired number be? How long into the future will it be before they retire another one?

Whenever Frank retires #35 will be the next number to be retired. Guys who could merit consideration in the future include Robin Ventura and Mark Buehrle if he keeps it up.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ May 25, 2005 -> 06:09 PM)
I hope Joe Jackson can attend the ceremony. He really hasn't done a whole lot since he was in Goodfellas.

Well, he was on ER last year. Looked pretty good for 106.

When I think of actors who've played Shoeless Joe, I think of D.B. Sweeney. At least he batted the right way.