5/26 @ Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

Chisoxfn

The White Sox will go for the series win (probably there first since 1994 or 1995 in Anaheim) on Thurdsay night.

Jose Contreras (2-1, 3.23 ERA) vs John Lackey (4-2, 4.05 ERA).

Lackey has long been a White Sox killer.

Go Get em Chicago :cheers

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ May 26, 2005 -> 01:44 AM)
Count needs to have a good start if the Sox are going to win this game. He needs to pitch at least 1...2...3...4...5...6...7 innings and give up 1...2 runs or less. That is unless the offense gets going.

I love it when you analyze.

Looking forward to hearing Black Jack in the booth.

Did you know yesterday was the first time we won back-to-back games in Anaheim since 1998? :puke Time to make it 3 in a row.

Lackey has been up and down all season.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro:

I am pretty nervous about tonight's game. Contreas just doesn't seem to have the confidence the other guys have. However, I will get no sleep tonight watching the Good Guys and praying for a victory.

GO SOX!

Contreras has been a joy to watch this season. He looks like a different pitcher out there this year...a man possessed. Go get em' Count. Let's take 3 of 4!

Here's hoping Ozuna starts in place of Urbie tonight and Widger gives Pierzynski another , much-needed day off.

:gosox1: :gosox4: :gosox1:

Contreras has been a joy to watch this season.  He looks like a different pitcher out there this year...a man possessed.  Go get em' Count.  Let's take 3 of 4!

Here's hoping Ozuna starts in place of Urbie tonight and Widger gives Pierzynski another , much-needed day off.

:gosox1:  :gosox4:  :gosox1:

I am with you on this.. Jose been a different pitcher this season.. Copper is becomeing one hellva pitching coach.

Though, I say play AJ and sit Uribe, for this weekend series in Texas.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 26, 2005 -> 08:41 AM)
I am with you on this.. Jose been a different pitcher this season.. Copper is becomeing one hellva pitching coach.

I didn't realize how much of a different pitcher he's been until I read this in my morning paper today...

Right now, Contreras has the best BA against him in the American league. Guys are hitting just .203 against the count. There's a few guys in the NL with a better number than him, but for guys that have to face the DH, he's on top by quite a bit.

If this guy keeps the walks down, he's unstoppable.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 26, 2005 -> 04:02 PM)
I didn't realize how much of a different pitcher he's been until I read this in my morning paper today...

Right now, Contreras has the best BA against him in the American league.  Guys are hitting just .203 against the count.  There's a few guys in the NL with a better number than him, but for guys that have to face the DH, he's on top by quite a bit.

If this guy keeps the walks down, he's unstoppable.

And people still want to get rid of him.......

QUOTE(3E8 @ May 26, 2005 -> 12:45 PM)
Are we thinking of the same guy?  I think he has a career ERA against us over 6.

In 21.2 innings pitched against the ChiSox, Lackey is 1-2 w/ a 6.23 ERA.

In 3 innings pitched against LAA, the Count is 0-1 w/ a 21.00 ERA. :ph34r:

In 21.2 innings pitched against the ChiSox, Lackey is 1-2 w/ a 6.23 ERA.

In 3 innings pitched against LAA, the Count is 0-1 w/ a 21.00 ERA. :ph34r:

[/quotS

Something's gotta give then and it won't be the Count! :gosox1:

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 26, 2005 -> 10:49 AM)
Hell people wanted to get rid of Garland as well...I am one of them, I had finally after 6 years of cheering for the guy gave up this past offseason. Should have stay on that bandwagon one more year.

whoa, I think that is the first time you have admitted that you were wrong. The count is the man as long as he stays in the strike zone, EAT s*** LAA