P. Ozuna ss .250

Uribe out again, but Pods is back!!

:headbang

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 27, 2005 -> 01:20 AM)
Having grown up in the 90's...having to root for Cleveland still makes me feel so dirty.

I root for only two teams in baseball.............

The SOX

and whoever is playing the Twins :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ May 26, 2005 -> 08:19 PM)
I don't put that much stock in being picked an all-star.  Every team needs to be represented and there are so many teams

I hate people that put a lot of stock in the all-star game. I was arguing with a Red Sox fan out in Boston earlier this year and I was talking up Buehrle and how he has a legitimate shot at 300. The kid's arguments:

"Mark Buehrle? Nobody even knows him."

"How many all-star games has he been in?"

After that last line, I just said, "Wow, you're a f***in' idiot." I think he got the point.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 26, 2005 -> 07:25 PM)
I hate people that put a lot of stock in the all-star game.  I was arguing with a Red Sox fan out in Boston earlier this year and I was talking up Buehrle and how he has a legitimate shot at 300.  The kid's arguments:

"Mark Buehrle?  Nobody even knows him."

"How many all-star games has he been in?"

After that last line, I just said, "Wow, you're a f***in' idiot."  I think he got the point.

I had the same discussion with one of my students who is a Cleveland fan. He said the Sox have no real All-Stars on the tean so there is no way they can keep up the winning all year. My reply was more subdued than yours as he is my student, but his exam grade suffered.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 26, 2005 -> 09:26 PM)
Where do you ge the lineups pregame?

Couple different places..I look on Gameday on mlb.com to see when they are posted, then copy/paste from yahoo sports because its easier to edit.

wait, i just gave all my secrets out!!

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 26, 2005 -> 09:20 PM)
But Cleveland had 6 people last year.  It wasn't because they were being represented.

Well the other misleading fact about being picked is that it usually means you are having a solid first half of a season. Anyway, he is 24, has an ERA under the league average, has a terrific arm, has made the all-star team (if you like) and people rag on him. It sure wouldn't surprise me if he becomes the dominant pitcher poeple expect of him before he reaches 30. The trouble with very early success is that people tend to expect the second comeing of Cy Young. It isn't that easy.