Which GM has done a better job

Cubs Suck23

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 26, 2005 -> 04:54 PM)
If 4 for your last 26 is starting to pick up your game, I'd hate to see you when you're slumping.

Excuse me while I throw 36 million at this line:

.228 .295 .341

MMMM, OUTS!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 26, 2005 -> 06:01 PM)
Better than a 9.19 ERA and on the DL.

guess what? we didn't end up with either. If kw wanted to he could have made higher bids to both of them. Instead he went after gooch and duke. Can you give kw any props?

Edited by rangercal

guess what? we didn't end up with either.  If kw  wanted to he could have made higher bids to both of them. Instead he went after gooch and duke.  Can you give kw any props?

I was a driving force to get Gooch on this team, and said when we inked him.. GREAT JOB..

As far as DUke.. NO, becuase when we signed him KW said that he was healthy and not to be worried now, he backtracks his statements as he is on the DL telling us that KW knew all along he would have to go on the DL to save him for the season.. So which is it KW?

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ May 26, 2005 -> 06:45 PM)
Anthrax- How can you say KW hasnt done a fine job.... Our minor league system is pretty solid and we have the best record in baseball..

If Frank& Mags didnt get hurt last we would have made the playoffs

How many playoffs have we been to? I mean, I hate to be the pessimist here, but until we make the postseason, I can't say that Kenny has done a 'fine job'. I'm behind him 100%, and thought he did a pretty stellar job this offseason (other than the Lee trade, which is turning out to be awesome for us -- I'm just saying, I didn't like the Lee trade, but he's proving me wrong, a lot), as well as signings like Hermy and El Duque -- when a lot of other guys were getting huge bucks (Percival, Ortiz, Cabrera, etc etc etc).

But we haven't made the playoffs. I want to see results before I call him a good-to-great GM.

And, serious question -- when did Williams take over? Was it after '00? And, what prospects under Williams' tenure have already panned out to be an average-to-above-average major league player? Serious question, I didn't follow the team so close really until 2003 or so...

How many playoffs have we been to?  I mean, I hate to be the pessimist here, but until we make the postseason, I can't say that Kenny has done a 'fine job'. 

But we haven't made the playoffs.  I want to see results before I call him a good-to-great GM. 

Thank you, this is what I have been preaching since day 15...

Edited by AnthraxFan93

Guest JimH
Yes, This was IMO a PR move, much like the Tigers did the year before with trammel and company.. JR and company wants to fill the seats and what better way to do that then to bring back a fan favorite. No one thought that Ozzie would be this good at his job. PLus also you have to figure that JR was still paying 1mil to JM for sitting at home in Cali.

Bulls***.

Like they'd hire a manager just because he's a former fan favorite, and they didn't expect he'd be a good manager?

Who are you trying to kid with these whacked out theories?

They damn well knew he had managerial capabilities, he was trying to be a manager even when he played for the Sox. He went and got coaching experience under two very good old school managers, he's passionate about the White Sox, and all those elements make it a good fit.

PR move my ass. If it's possible you know even less about baseball than I gave you credit for ... which wasn't much.

Go away, you continue to embarass yourself.

Guest JimH
How wrong you are, I can enjoy this seaosn as much as anyone..I am actually enjoying Ozzies team this year.. and have said time and time again this is what I called for after the 02 season, a pitching first team..

Too bad you'd identify the wrong pitchers.

Guest JimH
IF JR never hired on Ozzie, we still see the 3 run HR as our only way of offense.

You are clueless.

If you knew anything about the Sox organization and how it works (which you don't), you know they are huge on participative decision making.

Kind of like, many of the posters here deciding you are clueless. Same concept.

Bulls***.

Like they'd hire a manager just because he's a former fan favorite, and they didn't expect he'd be a good manager?

Who are you trying to kid with these whacked out theories?

They damn well knew he had managerial capabilities, he was trying to be a manager even when he played for the Sox.  He went and got coaching experience under two very good old school managers, he's passionate about the White Sox, and all those elements make it a good fit.

PR move my ass.  If it's possible you know even less about baseball than I gave you credit for ... which wasn't much.

Go away, you continue to embarass yourself.

I never said they didn't think he was a going to be a good manager did I? NO read the fa-king post...

This was a PR move, anyway you look at it, Hell the year b4 we had the all-star game and still season ticket sales were not no where near where they should be, so JR did the wise business move and hired on Ozzie..It makes perfect sense, cause people like you who have proven time and time again your to blind to see the truth, would rush to the stands to see Ozzie Manage much like the Tigers of 03.

Guest JimH
I never said they didn't think he was a going to be a good manager did I? NO read the fa-king post...

This was a PR move, anyway you look at it, Hell the year b4 we had the all-star game and still season ticket sales were not no where near where they should be, so JR did the wise business move and hired on Ozzie..It makes perfect sense, cause people like you who have proven time and time again your to blind to see the truth, would rush to the stands to see Ozzie Manage much like the Tigers of 03.

Nope, wrong again.

You are now into Clueless Plus territory.

By the way Rocket Scientist, it's "you're". Turn down the music and think, if you're capable.

You SAID they didn't think he'd be as good of a manager as he is ... just more of your typical bulls*** "let's throw it on the wall and see if it sticks" nonsense ... until somebody who sees through it challenges you. You said it was a PR move and intimated that was the primary reason. It wasn't. He was a good fit at several levels and in fact, the whole PR aspect was something the White Sox were concerned about (Guillen's mouth).

Learn the game, learn what's what, shut up once in a while ... maybe it'll help you, but I doubt it.

Oh, and go read the last two posts in the 18 page thread, that encapsulates what this board thinks about you and your drivel.

As I said, go away ... you are a stain to this board.

Guest JimH
I also like to thank JimH for not stiring the pot, or trying to Boast his own ego..

The word ... again ... is "boost".

Want to see a pot stirrer? Look in the mirror, if you can stand the pain.