Which GM has done a better job

Cubs Suck23

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 26, 2005 -> 10:25 PM)
2nd place is not a winning season in my book..

2nd palce is 1st place loser...

Well I'm sure that would have changed if you were in charge.

What happened to the "dips***" smiley? I could sure use that about now.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 26, 2005 -> 05:28 PM)
Its not a feeling.  Its the truth.

no need to debate with anthrax. I think his mind was made up a long time ago. I feel bad for him that he can't enjoy our 1st place standing in all of baseball. He would much rather see us in last place so KW would get fired.

no need to debate with anthrax. I think his mind was made up a long time ago. I feel bad for him that he can't enjoy our 1st place standing in all of baseball.  He would much rather see us in last place so KW would get fired.

How wrong you are, I can enjoy this seaosn as much as anyone..I am actually enjoying Ozzies team this year.. and have said time and time again this is what I called for after the 02 season, a pitching first team..

Then you can't like any Atlanta Braves front office member, I mean, he's won 13 straight division titles but only ONE World Series...that means they've been the 1st loser 12 TIMES!!!

PS...Who ARE you? And why are you so pompous?

Edited by TheDybber

KW keeps becoming a better gm every year it seems.... I think in another couple of years he could be one of the best at what he does, I think this off-season will be a real big one for him though.

will B-Mac get a spot, does frank and pauly get resigned, does anderson get a spot if so what to do with Dye, who does he get for the bullpen, does garland get resigned?

This off-season is going to be a big one, I think even bigger than this last off-season especially considering how much money could come off the books.

Frank Thomas, Pauly, Contreras, Dye, Everett, Timo, ben davis :bang ... thats like 34 million if none of those are resigned... in Dye and Contreras case being traded.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 26, 2005 -> 03:34 PM)
KW keeps becoming a better gm every year it seems.... I think in another couple of years he could be one of the best at what he does, I think this off-season will be a real big one for him though.

will B-Mac get a spot, does frank and pauly get resigned, does anderson get a spot if so what to do with Dye, who does he get for the bullpen, does garland get resigned?

This off-season is going to be a big one, I think even bigger than this last off-season especially considering how much money could come off the books.

Frank Thomas, Pauly, Contreras, Dye, Everett, Timo, ben davis  :bang ... thats like 34 million if none of those are resigned... in Dye and Contreras case being traded.

Very good points. Hopefully, we'll be facing these tough questions as the World Champions. :headbang :snr :cheers

Then you can't like any Atlanta Braves front office member, I mean, he's won 13 straight division titles but only ONE World Series...that means they've been the 1st loser 12 TIMES!!!

PS...Who ARE you?  And why are you so pompous?

At least they made it to the playoffs, No one can figure out what the f*** happens to them once they get there. I would be jumping off rooftops if we managed to win 13 straight Divisional titles..

QUOTE(rangercal @ May 26, 2005 -> 05:30 PM)
no need to debate with anthrax. I think his mind was made up a long time ago. I feel bad for him that he can't enjoy our 1st place standing in all of baseball.  He would much rather see us in last place so KW would get fired.

so Ozzie is responsible for the sox success on the other hand, the gm is responsible for Atlanta's success?

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 26, 2005 -> 03:35 PM)
At least they made it to the playoffs, No one can figure out what the f*** happens to them once they get there.  I would be jumping off rooftops if we managed to win 13 straight Divisional titles..

Think Mark Buerhle, Jon Garland, BMAC, and Gio Gonzalez. And, imagine the possibilities... ;)

so Ozzie is responsible for the sox success on the other hand, the gm is responsible for Atlanta's success?

actually yes, KW "team" failed time and time and time again...

Ozzie comes in goes wtf I want a team based on pitching sped and Def, not the 3 run HR, JR tells KW to make it so..

IF JR never hired on Ozzie, we still see the 3 run HR as our only way of offense.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 26, 2005 -> 03:41 PM)

Ozzie comes in goes wtf  I want a team based on pitching sped and Def, not the 3 run HR, JR tells KW to make it so..

IF JR never hired on Ozzie, we still see the 3 run HR as our only way of offense.

Are you suggesting that KW didn't choose to hire Ozzie?

Think Mark Buerhle, Jon Garland, BMAC, and Gio Gonzalez.  And, imagine the possibilities... ;)

By the time Gio comes up will Mark even be here?

Lets not annoint JG as a great pitcher just yet.. I remeber a certain pitcher in 00 that got off to a hot start as well..I wait till years end to see how far JG has come.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 26, 2005 -> 10:41 PM)

Ozzie comes in goes wtf  I want a team based on pitching sped and Def, not the 3 run HR, JR tells KW to make it so..

Ok KW hired Ozzie, and Ozzie told KW what he wanted and KW did that, and he did it perfectly too hence our 33-14 start..

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 26, 2005 -> 03:42 PM)
By the time Gio comes up will Mark even be here?

Lets not annoint JG as a great pitcher just yet.. I remeber a certain pitcher in 00 that got off to a hot start as well..I wait till years end to see how far JG has come.

I believe we can now keep guys like Buerhle. The type of team we're creating will allow us to spend more money on pitching. Deek, dunk, and run offensive players won't cost as much as Maggs, CLee, Frank, and Paulie.

Are you suggesting that KW didn't choose to hire Ozzie?

Yes, This was IMO a PR move, much like the Tigers did the year before with trammel and company.. JR and company wants to fill the seats and what better way to do that then to bring back a fan favorite. No one thought that Ozzie would be this good at his job. PLus also you have to figure that JR was still paying 1mil to JM for sitting at home in Cali.

Edited by AnthraxFan93

I believe we can now keep guys like Buerhle.  The type of team we're creating will allow us to spend more money on pitching.  Deek, dunk, and run offensive players won't cost as much as Maggs, CLee, Frank, and Paulie.

The problem I see, JR is never going to ink a pitcher long term, just not his style and so far...Its worked for him.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 26, 2005 -> 03:45 PM)
Yes, This was IMO a PR move, much like the Tigers did the year before with trammel and company.. JR and company wants to fill the seats and what better way to do that then to bring back a fan favorite. No one thought that Ozzie would be this good at his job.

The problem you run into Antrax is that every good decision KW makes you explain away like this.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 26, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
The problem I see, JR is never going to ink a pitcher long term, just not his style and so far...Its worked for him.

This is past. I believe the White Sox have changed their entire approach. They used to invest the big money in big hitters. Clearly, that's not their style anymore. JR is willing to pay big money (not Bosox or Yankee big) but big enough to carry some big contracts.

This is past.  I believe the White Sox have changed their entire approach.  They used to invest the big money in big hitters.  Clearly, that's not their style anymore.  JR is willing to pay big money (not Bosox or Yankee big) but big enough to carry some big contracts.

I hope your right.. I would love to see that Rotation..down the line.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 26, 2005 -> 05:15 PM)
Hmm who is worse.. A pitcher who's ERA is in the 9s and on the DL Jabroni and most of sox talk choice..

Or a SS who is starting to pick up his game..

HMMMM Tough choice, your right Jabroni we should have inked Wright :rolly

If 4 for your last 26 is starting to pick up your game, I'd hate to see you when you're slumping.