Carlton Fisk and the White Sox

Hideaway Lights

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ May 26, 2005 -> 02:25 PM)
ah yes, we needed a change of subject, those cubs do suck

I figured a good thread kidknapping might be entertaining this afternoon.

The Rockies started six rookies today and their manager is back here tending to his extremely ill 3 year-old daughter. If ever a team was ripe for the picking it is and was the Rockies. But, not by these Cubs. It's really too bad.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Carlton chose who "his" team and who "his" fans were when he chose which cap he wore into the hall of fame. I don't think it's too far-fetched to feel betrayed by that decision.

Is he that vindictive that he needs to punish an entire city for the actions of an asenine owner? Uh, okay. I'm done.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ May 26, 2005 -> 04:27 PM)
Carlton chose who "his" team and who "his" fans were when he chose which cap he wore into the hall of fame. I don't think it's too far-fetched to feel betrayed by that decision.

Is he that vindictive that he needs to punish an entire city for the actions of an asenine owner? Uh, okay. I'm done.

Didn't this happen happen 5 years ago. Let it ago dude.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ May 26, 2005 -> 02:27 PM)

You have the right to your opinion just don't share it my thread about today's Cubs/Rockies game.

Is it possible that all this winning has become predictable and stale. Now where talking about s*** that happened five years ago and how steep the UD is at the Cell. Is it possible that maybe just maybe we need the Sox to lose just so we'll have something to talk about. Or maybe it's just the fact that we're not used to having the best record in baseball and being 5 games up on the 2nd place team and 11 games up on the 3rd place team, we don't know how to handle winning so we have to talk about stupid s*** because it's getting old talking about the White Sox winning ways over and over again. Or maybe just maybe a few people a starting a couple of stupid f***ing threads because they have nothin better to do and enjoy seeing a thread they that started up on the board. Either way I think we can all agree on one thing, :gosox1:.

QUOTE(thomsonmi @ May 26, 2005 -> 04:27 PM)
I figured a good thread kidknapping might be entertaining this afternoon.

The Rockies started six rookies today and their manager is back here tending to his extremely ill 3 year-old daughter.  If ever a team was ripe for the picking it is and was the Rockies.  But, not by these Cubs.  It's really too bad.

Are you a rockies fan also?

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ May 26, 2005 -> 04:39 PM)
By the way, some of the posts today are reminding me of what it was like over at the whitesox.com message board.

Don't say that. Even though it's true, please don't say that.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 26, 2005 -> 02:37 PM)
Are you a rockies fan also?

I root for the Rockies and follow them generally but I was born and bred a White Sox fan. When the White Sox come to town I'll be at Coors Field in my White Sox attire cheering the road team to victory.

Are you people actually being elitist about a bulletin board and thread content?

Christ, get over yourselves. If you don't like the thread, ignore it.

The topic came to mind because people have been putting Fisk's name all over "favorite sox player" and "all sox team" lists.

I suppose I'll refrain from discussing the '51 team that we just tied in record, because you guys probably don't want to talk about s*** that happened 50 years ago either.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ May 26, 2005 -> 02:51 PM)
Are you people actually being elitist about a bulletin board and thread content?

Christ, get over yourselves. If you don't like the thread,  ignore it.

The topic came to mind because people have been putting Fisk's name all over "favorite sox player" and "all sox team" lists.

I suppose I'll refrain from discussing the '51 team that we just tied in record, because you guys probably don't want to talk about s*** that happened 50 years ago either.

I think I actually said you had a right to your opinion. The whole kidnapping thing was a joke made out of my own boredom. Not with your thread, but with my day.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ May 26, 2005 -> 02:51 PM)
'51 team that we just tied in record, because you guys probably don't want to talk about s*** that happened 50 years ago either.

If you have insight into the '51 team that would probably be an interesting read. Do share...

QUOTE(Soxfest @ May 26, 2005 -> 03:57 PM)
How about dumping his ass the next night after honoring him at home in Cleveland and not letting him have access to the Sox clubhouse during playoffs. This is why he wore Red sox Hat in HOF he has nothing but respect for White sox fan. Fisk hates JR and I understand why.

Actually.. he doesn't hate him as much as Rick Hahn who is responsible for the way Fisk was screwed over. Jerry is the reason Carlton was kept on to get the record.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ May 26, 2005 -> 04:51 PM)

Christ, get over yourselves. If you don't like the thread,  ignore it.

LMAO.. you said in your start to this stupid ass thread that you'd probably get flamed.. and now your complaining about it.. :crying :crying

:rolly

Don't want to hear opposing opinions, don't post crap on a board about a player many obviously like. :stick

QUOTE(Steff @ May 26, 2005 -> 05:10 PM)
LMAO.. you said in your start to this stupid ass thread that you'd probably get flamed.. and now your complaining about it..  :crying  :crying

Don't want to hear opposing opinions, don't post crap on a board about a player many obviously like.  :stick

:notworthy :notworthy

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ May 26, 2005 -> 04:27 PM)

Wait a second, Carlton Fisk never once punished the White Sox fans. You are acting as if he did this to deliberately upset the White Sox fans. This is not the case. Fisk knows White Sox fans love him. Going into the HOF as a member of the Red Sox doesnt mean he is s***ting on White Sox fans, he isnt turning his back on us. He is choosing not to give Jerry Reinsdorf the satisfaction of saying "I got Carlton Fisk into the hall of fame."

I cannot blame him for that. Fisk has made a few appearances in Chicago and I think I saw him on tv last year at a Sox game. He does what he can.

Let it go.

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(Steff @ May 26, 2005 -> 04:10 PM)
LMAO.. you said in your start to this stupid ass thread that you'd probably get flamed.. and now your complaining about it..  :crying  :crying

Don't want to hear opposing opinions, don't post crap on a board about a player many obviously like.  :stick

I'm not sure you understand the subtleties between slamming an author's opinion and slamming a thread being created at all.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ May 26, 2005 -> 05:18 PM)
I'm not sure you understand the subtleties between slamming an author's opinion and slamming a thread being created at all.

Sure I do...

You said so your self that so many here were putting Fisk as their favorite player and on the Chicago team.. you posted this thread to start s*** plain and simple.

If you can dish it.. be prepared to take it.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 26, 2005 -> 04:24 PM)
Sure I do...

You said so your self that so many here were putting Fisk as their favorite player and on the Chicago team.. you posted this thread to start s*** plain and simple.

If you can dish it.. be prepared to take it.

Saying "your opinion sucks" is fine with me. Saying "the thread blows" is what I take exception to.

If the thread blew, it would've gotten zero responses.

I'm not "starting s***"...this is what I honestly believe

QUOTE(thomsonmi @ May 26, 2005 -> 03:57 PM)
If you have insight into the '51 team that would probably be an interesting read.  Do share...

The '51 team had probably one of the biggest second half collapses in our history....do you guys realize they started with an identical 33-14 record but then finished just 48-59? Food for thought. I'm not sure if it's injury-related or just a hot start...but definitely something to think about.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ May 26, 2005 -> 04:47 PM)
Saying "your opinion sucks" is fine with me. Saying "the thread blows" is what I take exception to.

If the thread blew, it would've gotten zero responses.

I'm not "starting s***"...this is what I honestly believe

HL,

Don't take it personally. On a normal day your thread would have simply produced a lot of personal attacks for you having criticized a White Sox legend. Today, amongst a throng of ridiculous threads you were lumped in with the bunch.

And, you clearly are far more intelligent than Anthrax. So, keep up the posting... :bringit

QUOTE(Steff @ May 26, 2005 -> 04:05 PM)
Actually.. he doesn't hate him as much as Rick Hahn who is responsible for the way Fisk was screwed over. Jerry is the reason Carlton was kept on to get the record.

This is true. I am in the minority and will be hammered but I believe the Sox did Fisk a favor by keeping him as long as they did. He was obviously no longer a major league player at the time they let him go. No team would go near him. He could no longer hit or catch effectively. He was one of my favorite players to watch but he was done. I will agree the way they dumped him was wrong but after he broke the record he shouldn't have played much and who knows how he would have reacted to that.

Edited by ptatc