New Rumor

GreatScott82

According to Scot Gregor of the Daily Herald: "there are rumblings that starting pitcher Naoyuki Shimuzu, the ace of the Chiba Lotte Marines, wants to play for the White Sox next season. Shimizu, reportedly a close friend of Iguchi's. So far Naoyuki is 4-4 with a 2.78 ERA this season."

Hmm another japanese import. So far I'd say KW is 2 for 2 on those. I like the idea of bringing him here next season. Although the rotation is set for 2006, i still wouldn't mind the idea of having him in our pen or even putting Contreras in the pen next year. What do you guys think?

For the first time that I can remember we have amazing depth in our rotation. If we add this guy to the mix- we could potentially have solid starters 1-7. :cheers

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 26, 2005 -> 03:38 PM)
Didn't we already talk about this guy and came to the conclusion that he sucks.

He doesn't suck but there are better. The padres are also very interested in him. They are interested in practically every player from japan and i expect them to grab a couple in the off-season.

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ May 26, 2005 -> 03:42 PM)
How do we know that this pitcher sucks without seeing him ever pitch...

He doesn't suck but his numbers and scouting reports suggest that he wouldn't make a very good major league pitcher. And there are much better pitchers than him in Japan.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 26, 2005 -> 03:35 PM)
There are alot better pitchers over there than him. No thank you.

If we can keep Timo around cause he's buddies with Uribe, than the Sox should be more than happy to bring in the good friend of our best hitter. :D

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ May 26, 2005 -> 03:42 PM)
How do we know that this pitcher sucks without seeing him ever pitch...

Ever hear of japanese insiders, message boards, websites, etc...? They follow baseball as much as we here in the united states.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 26, 2005 -> 02:43 PM)
He doesn't suck but his numbers and scouting reports suggest that he wouldn't make a very good major league pitcher. And there are much better pitchers than him in Japan.

Wasn't there a lot of people who said Iguchi wouldn't be very good in the Majors as well....and how has that worked out? I am sure KW will have him scouted and will go from there.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ May 26, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
Wasn't there a lot of people who said Iguchi wouldn't be very good in the Majors as well....and how has that worked out? I am sure KW will have him scouted and will go from there.

Who said Ichiro wouldn't be successful in America. I remember people picking him as an early rookie of the year candidate before he even signed with the Mariners.

Edited by Kalapse