Did Ozzie call the pitch to McPherson?

DonkeyKongerko

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 26, 2005 -> 10:47 PM)
It seems to me that Contreras always starts to get weak come the 7th inning, thats when he gives up his runs all the time it seems...

Last night was his 10th start. Here's the breakdown by inning of when he gives up runs:

Inning 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Runs 3 4 1 4 3 2 7

Also, he has given up 3 runs an inning twice: once in a fourth inning, and once in a seventh inning. He has given up 2 runs in an inning 3 times, a second inning, a fifth inning and a seventh inning.

So, yeah, you might want to yank him after 6.

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ May 27, 2005 -> 06:56 AM)
Last night was his 10th start. Here's the breakdown by inning of when he gives up runs:

Inning 1 2 3    4 5  6    7 

Runs  3 4 1    4 3  2    7

Also, he has given up 3 runs an inning twice: once in a fourth inning, and once in a seventh inning. He has given up 2 runs in an inning 3 times, a second inning, a fifth inning and a seventh inning.

So, yeah, you might want to yank him after 6.

Two words: pitch count

Contreras throws a ton of pitches, so it isn't any big surprise that he gets tired in the 7th inning. They have definately improved tihs year on getting him deeper, but with as much movement as he has, he is always going to chuck a ton of pitches up to the plate.

I was so frustrated last night! :angry: I can't believe we can't hit anyone in when we have guys in scoring position. I blame this loss firmly on the (lack of) offense.

As for the Count's pitch, I don't think A.J. would have called that pitch at that time (love you, A.J.). If he did, he certainly wouldn't have told him to put it right down the center of the plate! I think the Count just lost control of the pitch.

I hope these guys take about 5 hours of batting practice today!

P.S. Pablo Ozuna is one helluva utility guy! Left field, Short and 1st? I'm impresesed.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 27, 2005 -> 04:44 AM)
I'm not mad at our pitching.......its our offensive offense that f***ed us tonight as it usually does.

God forbid Pods or Gooch goes down because without them this offense would never score another run.

Ding, Ding! We should of had about 6 or 7 runs.

I don't blame Contreras or Oz, but I have never seen a manager come out, talk to a guy and the very next pitch gets killed.

Our offense blew it, plain and simple. Let's not start putting all the blame and pressure on our starters. They've been our salvation. Are we gonna turn into a team, whose starters have to give up less than 2 runs in order for us to have a chance?

The one that really pissed me off was Arow being thrown out at home on that play from 3rd. Why does Ozzie have the "go on contact" play on every single time? Even Pods was thrown out at home during this series...that ought to tell us something.

When the infield is pulled in...you don't go on contact, or you're thrown out at home!

QUOTE(skidoochic @ May 27, 2005 -> 10:28 AM)
I agree with you on the contact play in that situation, but Pods was safe.  :D

You mean Guchi :P

Agree on the contact situation. One of them was tough luck (I think it was the one where Rowand got in the rundown) because AJ hit it right back to the pitcher.