What exactly is Timo Perez' purpose on this team?

redandwhite

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ May 27, 2005 -> 04:43 AM)
Give everyone else self confidence knowing they aren't the worst player on the team.

I would have to look through all the 25th players on each teams roster, but I can't imagine anyone being worse than him. He could very well be the worst player in the Major Leagues.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ May 26, 2005 -> 11:46 PM)
I would have to look through all the 25th players on each teams roster, but I can't imagine anyone being worse than him.  He could very well be the worst player in the Major Leagues.

No kidding, if we need an outfielder either bring up Joe Borchard or bring back Chris Singleton, this has gone too far.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ May 27, 2005 -> 04:46 AM)
I would have to look through all the 25th players on each teams roster, but I can't imagine anyone being worse than him.  He could very well be the worst player in the Major Leagues.

He isnt the worse player in the majors... but he isnt good thats for one... I think he is mostly there because he can talk to everyone... he knows japanese, same hometown as Uribe, and can speak english he is there for his club house presence and as Ozzie's personal bitz.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ May 26, 2005 -> 10:46 PM)

I dont know..........Meatball is right there with him.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 27, 2005 -> 04:49 AM)
He isnt the worse player in the majors... but he isnt good thats for one... I think he is mostly there because he can talk to everyone... he knows japanese, same hometown as Uribe, and can speak english he is there for his club house presence and as Ozzie's personal bitz.

Name one player worse than him not named Kevin Millar.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 26, 2005 -> 11:49 PM)

Find me some players that are worse than him and are on a major league roster year in year out. Take as long as you need.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ May 26, 2005 -> 10:50 PM)
Gload, Thomas and El Duque all need spots. He will be gone within a month.

There are only a few players that made me happy like that when they left.....

Botch

Royce K-layton

Todd Ritchie.

Timo is about to join an elite crowd.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 27, 2005 -> 04:58 AM)
Timo is the worst offensive player in the majors.  Not only can he not hit, but he makes terrible decision on the bases, and he's an absolutely terrible outfielder.

...and he's slow, and he's stupid. so again, whats his purpose on a major league roster no less for the best team in baseball?

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 26, 2005 -> 10:49 PM)
he knows japanese...

Shingo's & Iguchi's interpreters speak Japanese. You don't see them suiting up. :D

They may be better than Timo, though.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 27, 2005 -> 05:06 AM)
Greg Dobbs, Eric Valent, Eric Bruntlett, Bobby Higginson, Mark DeRosa....Timo Perez can be arguably better than all of those clowns.

Eric Valent is a much better hitter than Timo has ever been. He's a very good hitter against righty pitching. The other guys you listed are bad......but is Timo really better than them? I bet most of them can actually play defense.