What exactly is Timo Perez' purpose on this team?

redandwhite

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 27, 2005 -> 12:31 AM)
Id say 2.06 is around average... and yeah Dye is piss poor and he was apposed to be good with the glove not to mention all the extra errors he has committed.

Remember 2.06 is being done while not playing everyday so that can affect a player too...

2.06 is piss poor when you play at the wall.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ May 26, 2005 -> 10:13 PM)
I agree with you.  Borchard also gives you the switch hitting ability, which might make the opposing team bring in a new reliever, etc.

Trouble with thinking about bringing up Borchard right now is that if you bring him up...he's either on the big league club or he's gone. Borchard is on his last minor league option right now. So if we bring him up, and he keeps hitting .150, what do we do with him?

To put Borchard on this lineup, Timo would have to clear waivers. If we then were unhappy with Borchard...and say we made a trade or something...then we lose Borchard as well.

While Joe B. Hasn't shown basically anything yet...I'd still rather not lose that draft pick, just on the off chance he'll figure out how to turn himself into an Adam Dunn "I strike out all the time but still hit 50 home runs" kinda guy.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 29, 2005 -> 03:49 PM)
I could live with the 2nd coming of Rob Deere.  I really could.  He'd be producing more runs that Dead right now.

Statements like this make me laugh.............. then cringe.

i say we drop Perez and keep McCarthy in the pen and keep developing him there just like we did with Buerhle. He could be a long relief guy for the team. He could take Cotts place in the pen and let Cotts get his work in at AAA. Maybe he could learn a new pitch or further develop his pitches. Viz is struggling but I think he'll turn it around soon. Just get him some innings and build his confidence up like they are right now and he'll be good. So I wouldn't give up on him yet cause he is an important asset to the Pen. Finally, Bring up Gload! :D

I know one thing, I give Viz about 2 more weeks to get his stuff in gear, otherwise its Baj time. I think the Sox need to see what Baj can do before deciding whether they need to look outside for help at the deadline (in terms of relief).

I agree with that. Viz has sucked thus far. He is being paid 1 mil I believe. If he cant get it done, trade him or send him down. I definitely dont mind seeing Baj gets a chance. Maybe he can fill in well as a middle relief guy in our pen.