The 270 mark

KW needs to get some guys who can consistantly make contact. Our 4-5-6 guys aka the bermuda triangle(runs just disappear) should be leading the league in RBI's with the number of times we have had guy after guy in scoring position with less than 2 outs. Guys taking long home run cuts instead of making contact. 3-1 game on the line tonight in the 8th, two men on and Everett takes a huge cut and misses. If he shortens his swing up and gets a basehit we score one and the game is tied. This is the same crap we did in that 10 game losing streak in august of last year. Guys getting up time and time again with men on and people having the wrong approach at the plate. Contact, just make contact you dont need to hit a home run or drive the ball to mars. This offense is pressing.

Thomas needs to come up and bring Gload with him. Gload is a doubles machine and is a hell of a better option off the bench than Timo or Willie Harris. Thomas cant do any worse than our bermuda triangle offense.

Cruddy is done. They are now challenging him with fastballs down the middle like last year. He hitches, his hips fly open and his long looping swing misses it completely.

Thank god for our pitching they have been absolutley amazing. With our offense we could easily have a terrible record.

Lets give it up to KW for getting this great pitching staff.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 26, 2005 -> 10:52 PM)
.261 - league average

We are 24th in the league with BA with men in scoring position.

The BA slide in may continues.

Uribe is down to 197 in May

Crede is down to 167 in May

Everett is 182 in May

I just love when we start talking about Greg Walker. Especially because we get a chance day in and day out to hear what he is telling the hitters. This gives us a chance to give him the feedback he needs to start giving better hitting tips than "Pull the ball son".

Let's see the offense hit alot of homeruns last year and Greg Walker was here along with some players. This year alot of the players changed but Greg Walker is still here so I believe he is at fault.

Fundamental attribution error that is repeated every time we lose a game.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 27, 2005 -> 12:02 AM)

But you can mask having a low RISP Batting Average by having lots of chances.

Unfortunately, as you'll recall the Sox were last in the AL last season in number of RISP at-bats.

Where do they rank this year? 29th of 30 teams...

You can be poor at one or the other and still be effective, but not poor at both.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 26, 2005 -> 11:02 PM)

Everett is 182 in May

Everett and Cruddy are in a headlong race for the Mendoza line these days. Their batting averages are falling faster than if I threw a bowling ball off a building.

Perhaps it is an error to blame it on Walker but it's also an error to say (you didn't actually) that it isn't his fault. Fans clearly don't really know much about hitting coaches or pitching coaches but it's a results business and guys aren't hitting. I'd say that whether we won or lost. We need to start scoring a bit more.

QUOTE(nvxplorer @ May 26, 2005 -> 11:12 PM)
Konerko is hitting .395 over the last ten games, so you may want to exclude him from the triangle.

When he gets back over .250 then I'll believe it. Dead and Cruddy already gave us a head fake with their mini hot streaks earlier.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ May 26, 2005 -> 11:04 PM)
I just love when we start talking about Greg Walker.  Especially because we get a chance day in and day out to hear what he is telling the hitters.  This gives us a chance to give him the feedback he needs to start giving better hitting tips than "Pull the ball son".

Let's see the offense hit alot of homeruns last year and Greg Walker was here along with some players.  This year alot of the players changed but Greg Walker is still here so I believe he is at fault.

Fundamental attribution error that is repeated every time we lose a game.

One of the reasons that Carlos is not with the team this year is attributed to the series with Minny last August when with men on and less than 2 outs he was swinging for the fences. He struck out 2 times with men on in that first game. KW had a quote that if he ever sees a guy swing for the fences with less than 2 outs when we need a hit he will puke. Looks to be the same to me. Men on less than two outs, guys with long looping swings. Its so obvious the announcers are making comments about it. This teams needs to be less selfish with less than two outs. Make contact, a single drives in a run which is the most important thing when down by a run.

We also take first pitch strike every single time. This series its been an automatic 0-1 count on everyone. Dallas McPherson jumps on a first ball fastball for a dong. If you are going to take the big cut and go for the dong, thats probably the pitch to do it on. Our guys are 0-2 on every single AB.

I think walker needs to be fired this off-season... and we have to retool our lineup

Next year only guys i want in the lineup from this year is Scott Podsenick, Tadahito Iguchi, Aaron Rowand, Frank Thomas(depends i guess), and AJ Pierynzski......

I know Uribe will be there too but thats not neccesarily a good thing....

Pauly, Everett, Dye, Crede can pack their bags :ph34r:

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ May 26, 2005 -> 11:19 PM)
It's frustrating when the team collectively struggles like this but firing Walker would be like rearranging deck chairs.  Except we are in first place so that doesn't really work either.

Man I just miss having Ross Gload in the lineup.

Ross Gload giving Mr. Kong some time on the bench to figure out the mysteries of life would be good.

Thomas letting Everett try and figure out what that Jurassic movie was about.

No more guys slamming batts into the ground after an AB.

Everyone is worried about if we trade for a hitter it will mess up our chemistry. Keep f***ing our pitchers over on 2-1 3-2 loses over the next month and chemistry will be a bit more strained. We are leading the majors in ERA. If we score 3 or more runs we will win games.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ May 26, 2005 -> 10:13 PM)
I am not sold on Konerko yet. Far too many less than two outs and RISP sitiuations he has bungled for me to get excited about ten games.

I don't blame you for not getting excited, but he is the team's hottest hitter over those ten games. 2-4 last night with a 3 run dinger. 1-3 tonight with a double. He's doing his job right now. There are others who aren't, so I'm more inclined to jump on them rather than blame Konerko. If he goes back into a slump, then he deserves to be criticized, but I'll wait until that happens before I complain.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ May 27, 2005 -> 12:13 AM)
I am not sold on Konerko yet. Far too many less than two outs and RISP sitiuations he has bungled for me to get excited about ten games.

Coming into tonight, he was .294/.410/.529 for the last 20..... Does that make you feel better.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 26, 2005 -> 11:02 PM)

Everett is 182 in May

We knew coming in that Crede couldn't hit. We knew coming in that Uribe was streaky. We knew coming in that Everett was not a long term solution.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ May 27, 2005 -> 11:52 AM)
We knew coming in that Crede couldn't hit. We knew coming in that Uribe was streaky. We knew coming in that Everett was not a long term solution.

Did anyone think that they were going to hit sub 200 for a month at the same time. Pitchers in the NL can hit that.