The 270 mark

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 27, 2005 -> 11:54 AM)
Did anyone think that they were going to hit sub 200 for a month at the same time.  Pitchers in the NL can hit that.

Crede? Sure. Uribe? Maybe not, but I figured weeks at a time he'd have somt struggles. And Everett? Well, I've just never liked him as a hitter.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 27, 2005 -> 05:13 AM)
We also take first pitch strike every single time.  This series its been an automatic 0-1 count on everyone.  Dallas McPherson jumps on a first ball fastball for a dong.  If you are going to take the big cut and go for the dong, thats probably the pitch to do it on.  Our guys are 0-2 on every single AB.

Against the Rangers, I think it would be more successful to take first pitch strike then it was against Anaheim. I think the more pitches these guys see, the better the chance they have to break out.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 27, 2005 -> 12:21 PM)
Against the Rangers, I think it would be more successful to take first pitch strike then it was against Anaheim.  I think the more pitches these guys see, the better the chance they have to break out.

At least only Dye's below the "Valentin" line (.220) anymore

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 27, 2005 -> 05:07 AM)
Everett and Cruddy are in a headlong race for the Mendoza line these days.  Their batting averages are falling faster than if I threw a bowling ball off a building.

A bowling Ball is going to fall at the same rate that a marble does.....FYI :lol:

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ May 27, 2005 -> 11:58 AM)
A bowling Ball is going to fall at the same rate that a marble does.....FYI :lol:

But he did say he threw it...so he's applied a force in addition to gravity giving it an initial velocity. Therefore, it would actually fall faster.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 27, 2005 -> 07:00 PM)
But he did say he threw it...so he's applied a force in addition to gravity giving it an initial velocity.  Therefore, it would actually fall faster.

TOUCHE :lolhitting

until it reached terminal velocity though.....YES!

Edited by DABearSoX

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ May 27, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)
The Reds like Austin Kearns. Crede and a prospect aren't getting that done

The Reds have a near-mutiny on their hands. Just the other day Casey's and Griff's heated recliners were taken out of the clubhouse. Casey thought it had been traded for a prospect...honestly. They say everytime they blow a game, they lose another privilege. It ain't a good scene in Cincy these days. And it's basically all about Graves.

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ May 27, 2005 -> 12:11 PM)
TOUCHE  :lolhitting

until it reached terminal velocity though.....YES!

But you see...Terminal velocity is caused by the wind resistance on an object - the force of friction due to wind balances out the force of gravity, reducing acceleration to zero.

A marble and a bowling ball would have different surface areas and ratios of surface area to mass. Therefore, they would be affected differently by the wind resistance, and consequently, have different terminal velocities. So I don't think that helps you out of this conundrum either.

:bang