GAME THREAD 5-27-2005 SOX VS RANGERS

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ May 28, 2005 -> 02:03 AM)
Dunno, didn't see it, I came late and just read "bunt hit".  But w/ everyone hitting like s***, with a lineup full of .230 hitters, I think it's interesting that the scapegoat is a guy who's hitting close to .280 and at least got on base, in a way that most people here would cheer loudly if it were some other players.

When did anyone say he was the scapegoat? I have a much bigger problem with the approach that Everett, Rowand, and even AJP and Pods have right now at the plate. PK and Dye still have crappy AB, but they're putting up the power numbers that are expected of them right now. Don't even get me started on Crede and Uribe though.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ReinsdorfSucks @ May 27, 2005 -> 09:02 PM)
you're the one that typed it s***head.  learn to put a sentence together.

Wow, I didn't know this was hard to read:

Does it matter that this guy is 4-2, and has had a 1.69 ERA in his last 3 starts?

BTW, it wasn't edited.

Guest JimH
you're the one that typed it s***head.  learn to put a sentence together.

Friendly advice ... no need for the s***head remark. You're at 48 posts, try to make friends here vs. calling people a s***head. Again, with all due respect.

Well I think we all got a glimpse of what happens when our league leading pitching takes a night off. With this offense it can get fugly quickly.

Solo pull shots will happen for a few runs to pad a homer stat, but god forbid if the game is on the line with less than two outs. They s*** themselves.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 28, 2005 -> 02:05 AM)
When did anyone say he was the scapegoat?  I have a much bigger problem with the approach that Everett, Rowand, and even AJP and Pods have right now at the plate.  PK and Dye still have crappy AB, but they're putting up the power numbers that are expected of them right now.  Don't even get me started on Crede and Uribe though.

Gee, I don't think 'making someone the scapegoat' means saying 'Hey you, you're the scapegoat.' People were heaping blame on a player who wasn't doing as badly, that's scapegoating.

At least pad your SB stats here, Pods.

Jabroni, shouldn't Pablo be taking pitches?  After all, we need runners on base...

Where's the b****-out?

They all suck right now. Only Kevin Walker looks like a stud.

Edited by Jabroni

This is f***ing silly. Just the odds of random f***ing luck is that a few of these jokers would string a few hits together.

This offensive shutdown is brought to you by Jerry Manuel. Who replaced Gooch with Uribe.

Everyone worries about the chemistry on this team with a trade. Keep put up a run or two a night and see what happens to the chemistry. See how our pitchers react to throwing night after night of awsome stuff only to have to sit on the edge because the girls are pulling every f***ing pitch.

THIS IS CORPSEBALL 2005. We cant f***ing hit at all.

QUOTE(whitesoxjr27 @ May 27, 2005 -> 09:15 PM)
it stinks to come on this board when we lose a game. the sky is always falling and its a b**** fest. cant win them all. just enjoy the ride guys and gals.

Everything is good when we hit under .200 for a week

Take off your f***ing Sox blinders and realize this team has big time deficiencies despite a good record. I am sick of people just refuting valid points regarding team problems with, well we have a good record.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 27, 2005 -> 08:15 PM)
Anyone who thinks this team is actually the best in baseball right now, regardless of record, is insane.  We don't get hits, don't take walks, don't run the bases well, and don't hit for consistent power.

Ahh, a few weeks ago you were asking us if we really though this team was a superior team cause they lost 3 in a row, then they started winning again. Last week same crap, sox start winning again. So of course a 2 game winning streak brings out the same junk, they've been the best team in baseball since mid april and they still are, hitting slump or not.

Guest JimH
Welcome to the reason we ought to be giving Brian Anderson a shot. (Me being a broken record.)

You are not being a broken record, you're bringing up a fair and reasonable point.

I happen to disagree, he is coming along pretty well though. Williams and Guillen will give these guys every opportunity to come out of it. How long that will be, I don't know. I'm just speculating on what I think they'll do.

My guess is Anderson comes up only if there's an injury.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 27, 2005 -> 08:17 PM)
Everything is good when we hit under .200 for a week

Take off your f***ing Sox blinders and realize this team has big time deficiencies despite a good record.  I am sick of people just refuting valid points regarding team problems with, well we have a good record.

no wonder i dont post and just read. always get yelled at. :P