GAME THREAD 5-27-2005 SOX VS RANGERS

6 shutout innings.

BUT EVERYTHING IS f***ING PEACHES AND CREAM BECAUSE WE ARE IN FIRST PLACE.

LETS IGNORE THE FACT THAT WE ARE REELING...EVERYTHING IS GOOD

FORGET THE FACT THAT WE HAVENT HIT FOR s*** IN ABOUT A WEEK!

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JimH

Ok, this one is just about over.

McCarthy will be done at 5 innings, he was much more timid in this game vs. the game he threw in Wrigley, I suspect it's because he'd faced these guys before in Tucson and they torched him.

He should have made Soriano move his feet and go inside on him. He doesn't and lo and behold Soriano is looking outer half and he gets it, 6-0 Texas.

McCarthy has talent, no question. He will need to settle in but I expected this Texas offense to be a buzzsaw, they are hot right now and they can hit.

They will send McCarthy down, he is a smart young guy and he will learn from this. His time will come, but it's not here yet.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 28, 2005 -> 01:33 AM)
Ok, this one is just about over.

McCarthy will be done at 5 innings, he was much more timid in this game vs. the game he threw in Wrigley, I suspect it's because he'd faced these guys before in Tucson and they torched him.

The Cubs will make any pitcher look better than they are.

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ May 27, 2005 -> 09:27 PM)
We start to lose and some of you guys act like f***ing idiots.

No kidding, the reponse to this is a little much. It's taken 49 games to receive a s*** kicking. Some hitters are struggling (against good pitching) and Brandon needs to have a few more starts under his belt to realize he has to keep the hitters honest by brushing them off the plate. I don't think our hitters are as bad as they have looked lately. The main thing is don't jump off a bridge, just yet, and with a positive, aggresive attitude, go after them tomorrow.

Guest JimH

This is a good spot to bring in Vizcaino, let him go two innings and see if he can start to work things out.

With the exception of the home runs, he didn't pitch that badly. He got behind the count a little more than expected, but at least he was around the plate.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 27, 2005 -> 08:35 PM)
This is a good spot to bring in Vizcaino, let him go two innings and see if he can start to work things out.

I predicted 14 runs for the rangers tonight while talking to willie. If vizcaino comes in i have a good shot.

Edited by qwerty

With the exception of the home runs, he didn't pitch that badly. He got behind the count a little more than expected, but at least he was around the plate.

With the exception of those 4 homeruns he gave up, he didn't pitch that badly? LOL. All of his earned runs came on those 4 homers. :lol:

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(ChiSoxFan @ May 27, 2005 -> 08:36 PM)

Yes he did. The first three pitches I saw from him, I said he's got to get the ball down or he's goingto get lit up. He was way up in the zone for 2 innings. He did bring it down, but he didn't trust his stuff. He refuses to throw a Change. THat makes him a 2 pitch pitcher, and you've got a line up full of guys who eat 92 MPH fastballs for lunch. If he's not getting every curveball he throws called for a strike, he's going to get hit hard.

Guest JimH
The Cubs will make any pitcher look better than they are.

I tend to agree but as we all know, they gear it up big time for the White Sox.

McCarthy pitched a lot better last weekend than he did tonite, he really missed his spots. Although you can really tell he has talent. Every young pitcher gets his ass kicked, the good ones show some stones and bounce back. I suspect he will.

Meanwhile, Vizcaino continues to miss upstairs. Texas is killing every single mistake tonite. DJ mentions lefthanded hitters are now batting a robust .460 off of Vizcaino.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 27, 2005 -> 08:38 PM)
With the exception of those 4 homeruns he gave up, he didn't pitch that badly?  LOL.  All of his earned runs came on those 4 homers. :lol:

But it wasn't like a performance that Garland has had for the past couple of years, where he would fall victim to "the big inning". He ran into a Texas team that's red-hot and he missed some spots. Outside of that, I thought he pitched okay.

But it wasn't like a performance that Garland has had for the past couple of years, where he would fall victim to "the big inning".  He ran into a Texas team that's red-hot and he missed some spots.  Outside of that, I thought he pitched okay.

Missing your spot 4 times for 4 homers and 6 runs is not a good outing.

Guest JimH
Yes he did. The first three pitches I saw from him, I said he's got to get the ball down or he's goingto get lit up. He was way up in the zone for 2 innings.  He did bring it down, but he didn't trust his stuff. He refuses to throw a Change. THat makes him a 2 pitch pitcher, and you've got a line up full of guys who eat 92 MPH fastballs for lunch. If he's not getting every curveball he throws called for a strike, he's going to get hit hard.

He threw a few changes but not enough. Blalock stayed back on one change he threw and poked it into RF for a hit.

But yeah, I agree completely, he cannot leave pitches up like he did. Teams like Texas and Cleveland will kick the s*** out of him.