GAME THREAD 5-27-2005 SOX VS RANGERS

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 27, 2005 -> 06:07 PM)
Powerball is $215 million  :ph34r:

No s***? When you win, you can write me a check for my house when you go to buy yours. :lol:

One other thing about tonight's game and the entire series for that matter.

The Rangers pitching staff is not what ours is, obviously. When the Sox are patient against this team, they are in a much better position to win. MAKE THESE GUYS PITCH and don't go up there swinging at everything... in this series I don't see anything wrong with taking first pitch fastball - then dig in.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 27, 2005 -> 01:13 PM)
No s***?  When you win, you can write me a check for my house when you go to buy yours.  :lol:

One other thing about tonight's game and the entire series for that matter.

The Rangers pitching staff is not what ours is, obviously.  When the Sox are patient against this team, they are in a much better position to win.  MAKE THESE GUYS PITCH and don't go up there swinging at everything... in this series I don't see anything wrong with taking first pitch fastball - then dig in.

Don't worry, when I win, you have a new job, with a nice big salary. :drink

Texas has been killing the ball of late. Granted, they haven't been facing top-notch pitching, but they do have have some mashers in the lineup. This will be a big test for BMac. This ain't no Cub lineup he'll be facing - Derek Lee and 8 other guys.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(thomsonmi @ May 27, 2005 -> 08:53 PM)
That sucks.  I thought you were done with that. :crying

I'll have one for you.  :drink

Unfortunately no, I'm not done with the Friday night thing. Have a couple for me. :cheers

:fyou Daily Herald!

QUOTE(thomsonmi @ May 27, 2005 -> 10:32 PM)
So we win 1-0 tonight, huh?!?!?

All I know is this.....if Ozzie is going to play all of our weaker hitters (by that, I mean non-power threats), he's going to have to try and create offense. No more playing for the 3 run homer, etc. Ozuna obviously tends to hit the ball on the ground a lot. Thus, if Willie gets on, it would be a great idea to hit-and-run, etc.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 27, 2005 -> 10:33 PM)
the lineup today is messed up.... although Chris Young is a big fastball guy and we seemed to hit them well.... Bonderman, Harden, and Cabrera come to mind...when we faced Prior and Colon their fastballs werent as fast as usual.

Chris Young throws in the low 90s. He's not an overpowering pitcher, despite his size.

Sox lineup:

LF Scott Podsednik

SS Juan Uribe

DH Carl Everett

1B Paul Konerko

C A.J. Pierzynski

RF Jermaine Dye

CF Aaron Rowand

2B Willie Harris

3B Pablo Ozuna

Rangers lineup:

DH David Dellucci

SS Michael Young

1B Mark Teixeira

3B Hank Blalock

2B Alfonso Soriano

LF Kevin Mench

CF Laynce Nix

RF Richard Hidalgo

C Rod Barajas

QUOTE(fathom @ May 27, 2005 -> 10:34 PM)
Chris Young throws in the low 90s.  He's not an overpowering pitcher, despite his size.

Oh i know, but Chris Young relies heavily on his fastball... he throws is a lot, because of that hitters usually foul it off a lot and he gets high pitch counts fast... so he should only go 5-6 innings vs us and their bullpen is shaky.