GAME THREAD 5-27-2005 SOX VS RANGERS

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 28, 2005 -> 12:46 AM)
Nearly every hispanic player can't lay off of the high fast ball but they are still on a major league roster. Maybe we should send all of them done to work on laying off of them?

Qwerty.....there's a huge difference between a hitter swinging at too many high pitches, and a pitcher who leaves the ball up in the zone. Again, I'm not saying McCarthy can't be something special. It's just that right now, as young as he is, he needs more seasoning in the minors.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 28, 2005 -> 12:43 AM)
I'm not going to bring this whole thing up again but you tried to say that Vinny Castilla was only a "wee bit better offensively" than Cruddy. :lol:

Pound for pound, if they were making the same amount of money, I might take Castilla, for this year.

Unfortunately, they're not making the same amount of money. Castilla is in the twilight of his career, and, we'd have to give up a B- to C+ prospect to get him, maybe even two.

If you feel that trading a guy like Sean Tracey is worth Vinny Castilla, fine.

And, Castilla is hitting .228 in May. Yep, give me the stats how Crede is doing worse.

<sigh>

Pound for pound, if they were making the same amount of money, I might take Castilla, for this year.

Unfortunately, they're not making the same amount of money.  Castilla is in the twilight of his career, and, we'd have to give up a B- to C+ prospect to get him, maybe even two.

If you feel that trading a guy like Sean Tracey is worth Vinny Castilla, fine.

And, Castilla is hitting .228 in May.  Yep, give me the stats how Crede is doing worse.

<sigh>

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=685705

Alright, Castilla is a wee bit better offensively, not to make much of a difference, though.

Yeah, whatever. :lolhitting

Edited by Jabroni

I don't understand putting Uribe in the 2nd spot. Considering that our best offense lately has been when Pods got on base, and we're able to get him in.....it just doesn't make sense having a number 2 batter who is in a horrible slump.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 28, 2005 -> 12:51 AM)
So........are people going to start admitting we have a serious problem in the batters box or are we gonna hear more of this "LA LA LA we have the best record  LA LA LA"?

You know the answer to that.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 27, 2005 -> 07:49 PM)
Qwerty.....there's a huge difference between a hitter swinging at too many high pitches, and a pitcher who leaves the ball up in the zone.  Again, I'm not saying McCarthy can't be something special.  It's just that right now, as young as he is, he needs more seasoning in the minors.

Of course it is.

He has left the ball up in the zone maybe four- five times in his two starts. Can you even count on one hand how often he did that in spring? Honestly? Mccarthy is not gonna suddenly give up less home runs in a hitters park like charlotte.

Guys seriously what was ozzie plan before this season. if your lookin for big boppers come in and do it your wrong. Ozzie told ya we would win close games with pitching defense and timely hitting. I guess no one notice that.

QUOTE(chisox2334 @ May 28, 2005 -> 01:01 AM)
ah dye pitch just missed it

You're going to just miss a lot of balls if all you do is swing for the fences. It's like how Hawk says that Crede and PK always "just miss it" when the fly out. Dye does seem to be swinging better though.

QUOTE(chisox2334 @ May 27, 2005 -> 08:02 PM)
Guys seriously what was ozzie plan before this season. if your lookin for big boppers come in and do it your wrong. Ozzie told ya we would win close games with pitching defense and timely hitting. I guess no one notice that.

Ozzie's plan was to produce runs on a normal basis. We're still up and down quite a bit.