GAME THREAD 5-27-2005 SOX VS RANGERS

QUOTE(chisox2334 @ May 27, 2005 -> 07:02 PM)
Guys seriously what was ozzie plan before this season. if your lookin for big boppers come in and do it your wrong. Ozzie told ya we would win close games with pitching defense and timely hitting. I guess no one notice that.

The problem is that we're not getting ANY hitting lately aside from Pods and Gooch. The offense is in a world of hurt lately.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JimH

Rangers are hitting McCarthy pretty hard. They saw him twice in spring training, so they have an idea what to expect.

Either way, he can be perfect from here on in. If the offense doesn't do something, it won't matter.

QUOTE(chisox2334 @ May 28, 2005 -> 01:02 AM)
Guys seriously what was ozzie plan before this season. if your lookin for big boppers come in and do it your wrong. Ozzie told ya we would win close games with pitching defense and timely hitting. I guess no one notice that.

I don't think anybody is looking for homeruns left and right. Some of us just wish that the "timely hitting" was a little more...um...timely.

I couldn't be more satisfied with our 33-15 record. But the hitting has to improve if we want to have continued success. It can't be ALL pitching.

Guest JimH

2nd walk for McCarthy.

McCarthy is trying to be a little too fine, he's missing his spots. He just needs to be aggressive and go inside a little more, and let things fall where they may.

QUOTE(chisox2334 @ May 27, 2005 -> 08:05 PM)
what are you gonna do about it guys? all they can do is hit out of it. So lets see were winning with timely hitting meaning clutch to me so as long we get the "W" fine with me

With even a decent offense, we'd probably have about 10 more wins. Every single win counds when we still have the Twins on our asses. They won't go away, I guarantee it. How many times in the past have we thought we had the Twins beat? Too many. We just don't want to accept a s***ty ass offense like this.

Guest JimH

McCarthy out of this inning, he's at 75 pitches. If he goes 6 full, that should be it for him tonite.

Let's face it, he is the 5th starter as we speak. His job is to keep the team in the game, he's doing that.

This is where Frank Thomas will help, he'll see a lot of pitches and hopefully walk a lot. Guys pitch differently when runners are on base, it opens up a few holes too. The offense is right in between being too aggressive and being too patient.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 27, 2005 -> 08:15 PM)
Willie can't get the ball out of the infield.  I remember all those grounders to the right side from last season now.

Pablo has hit the ball out of the infield less than willie has this year.