Frank to be back for next homestand?

Jabroni

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

Williams said slugger Frank Thomas probably will rejoin the team sometime on the next homestand, which starts Monday against the Angels, while addressing other topics as well.
Thomas' progress from a left ankle injury that has sidelined him since July 6 also is a nice surprise.

"I didn't know where we were headed when we first started," Williams said. "But I'm happy that it doesn't appear that it's going to take that long.

"It doesn't matter what I think or what anybody else thinks. What matters is what Frank thinks, what his body is telling him."

Edited by Jabroni

Not to scare anyone, but what if Frank isn't his usual self when he returns?  We all keep saying and thinking that he's going to make this offense much better, but what if he doesn't?

Our current DH is hitting only .232 with a .292 OBP. How much worse could Frank be? Even if he doesn't hit well coming off of his injury, he will still draw a lot of walks.

Edited by Jabroni

Frank and Ross Gload will make this team better.

Everett cant hit a 91mph fastball down the cock on 3-1 with men on in a tight game. Frank at least would of either drawn a walk or put the ball in play.

Having Ross Gload to pinch hit instead of Timo Freakin Perez or Willie Harris makes this team much better.

Hopefully we release Timo and get a fresh start for the offense.

Everett cant hit a 91mph fastball down the cock on 3-1 with men on in a tight game.  Frank at least would of either drawn a walk or put the ball in play.

Having Ross Gload to pinch hit instead of Timo Freakin Perez or Willie Harris makes this team much better.

Agreed. Omit Timo for Frank and send down Kevin Walker for Ross Choad. Timo f***ing sucks and it's not like Walker is ever going to see the mound anyways. With Frank healthy, Carl or Pablo can be our team's 4th outfielder. There's no reason to keep Timo.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 27, 2005 -> 11:16 AM)
Our current DH is hitting only .232 with a .292 OBP.  How much worse could Frank be?  Even if he doesn't hit well coming off of his injury, he will still draw a lot of walks.

Agreed on that. I just don't expect Frank to solve this team's offensive problems, as I'm sure many people don't.

Guest JimH
Agreed.  Omit Timo for Frank and send down Kevin Walker for Ross Choad.  Timo f***ing sucks and it's not like Walker is ever going to see the mound anyways.  With Frank healthy, Carl or Ozuna can be our team's 4th outfielder.  There's no reason to keep Timo.

I tend to agree, Walker will definitely get sent down.

Previously, I thought for sure they'd keep Timo but he's been really bad. I'd have to say it's between Timo and Harris, yes? Seeing as all three of Gload, Timo, and Willie hit lefthanded it's a given one of them will go. Unless somebody magically ends up on the DL to delay the decision.

I think you guys are finally going to get your collective wish: Timo should be boarding a plane.

So long Kevin Freaking Walker and Timo Perez, hello Ross Gload and Frank Thomas.

We need the Big Man back in a major way; the offense is in a bad spot.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 27, 2005 -> 10:30 AM)
I think you guys are finally going to get your collective wish: Timo should be boarding a plane.

So long Kevin Freaking Walker and Timo Perez, hello Ross Gload and Frank Thomas.

We need the Big Man back in a major way; the offense is in a bad spot.

See Ya TIMO dont let the door hit your ass on the way out.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 27, 2005 -> 10:19 AM)

Everett cant hit a 91mph fastball down the cock on 3-1 with men on in a tight game.  Frank at least would of either drawn a walk or put the ball in play.

Having those guys back will also have a few guys fighting for playing time. If they want to play, they better produce. Maybe, it'll light a fire under the likes of Dye, Everett, Gload.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 27, 2005 -> 10:15 AM)
Not to scare anyone, but what if Frank isn't his usual self when he returns?  We all keep saying and thinking that he's going to make this offense much better, but what if he doesn't?

Bad Thomas > Everett