Prior just went down on a line drive

AddisonStSox

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 27, 2005 -> 02:51 PM)
And your point is?  Is this not the "Around the Horn" forum?  Should I complain about you for posting a ton of stuff about that whiny loser, Reggie Miller?

I'm just saying that Chisoxrd5 is right.

Too many of you are more worried about the shortfalls of the Cubs than White Sox success.

It's pathetic; that's all.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 27, 2005 -> 02:50 PM)
Is he a rightie?....it's the Cubs, I don't know that kinda s***.

LMAO.. I should post the email exchange with my boss...

Boss: What happened?

Me: Prior got hit hard!

Boss: Pitching arm?

Me: Ummm... I don't know.. it hit him on the right elbow.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 27, 2005 -> 02:54 PM)
LMAO.. I should post the email exchange with my boss...

Boss: What happened?

Me: Prior got hit hard!

Boss: Pitching arm?

Me: Ummm... I don't know.. it hit him on the right elbow.

Shouldn't you be working?

Too many of you are more worried about the shortfalls of the Cubs than White Sox success.

Why is it pathetic? Sox fans are only supposed to read news about the Sox and only the Sox? The Cubs are a team in the MLB and they are even in the same city as the Sox!

QUOTE(Steff @ May 27, 2005 -> 07:49 PM)
Maybe YOU were laughing about other teams injuries..  :huh

I have no shame in admitting that I root against the Cubs. If a Cubs player gets injured, I'm definitely not going to shed a tear. Yes, it sucks for them.....but lets just be thankful that it hasn't happened to any of our pitchers yet. The reason that a lot of us were laughing our ass off last year with the Wood, Prior injuries, etc. had a lot to deal with how Cubs fans were acting like it was the end of the world when they heard they'd be out. If this makes me immature, then so be it. I don't understand the holier than thou attitude that so many people have on here. Are we not entitled to our own opinion on different things without people trying to say we're horrible people?

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 27, 2005 -> 02:53 PM)

Oh ease up a bit greasy.. if it wasn't for my boss asking me to get the scoop I wouldn't have heard about this until later at the bar.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 27, 2005 -> 02:55 PM)
Why is it pathetic?  Sox fans are only supposed to read news about the Sox and only the Sox?  The Cubs are a team in the MLB and they are even in the same city as the Sox!

I don't like Cub fans, and that's the end of it in my book. I don't go out of my way to see what happened with them the last night. I just ignore them. I don't understand a lot of Sox fans obsession with what happens on the NorthSide. I just find it pathetic when the Sox lose, and a Sox fan, can claim it to be okay because the Cubs lost.

It's just an unhealthy obsession. You might as well make them your 2nd favorite team with all the energy you expel on them.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 27, 2005 -> 02:58 PM)
Oh ease up a bit greasy.. if it wasn't for my boss asking me to get the scoop I wouldn't have heard about this until later at the bar.

I understand this is news, and we can post about it. I just find it sad that people are taking joy in Prior going down, because he plays for the Cubs.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 27, 2005 -> 02:59 PM)
A question for everyone giving some of us a hard time about not exactly being upset that Prior got hurt........would you still feel the same way if Johan Santana got hurt?

That reminds me about comments from the Pistons about Shaq being hurt. They wanted him to be as healthy as he can be.

I think true competitors want to beat the best in order to be the best.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ May 27, 2005 -> 01:58 PM)
Not sure how credible this is, but some dude on the Cubs board said that Bruce Levine just reported that they think Prior broke a bone in his elbow.  Haven't heard this, so take it for what its worth.

As secretive as the Cubs are about their injuries, I really doubt they would inform Levine of this before he is even X-rayed. I didn't see it, and he may have broken his elbow, but I doubt Levine has reported it yet.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ May 27, 2005 -> 02:58 PM)
Not sure how credible this is, but some dude on the Cubs board said that Bruce Levine just reported that they think Prior broke a bone in his elbow.  Haven't heard this, so take it for what its worth.

I just heard this from someone at AM1000.. Brian.. are you at work today??

This may get me persecuted here but Mark Prior's the one pitcher on that team who's not overrated. If he'd find a way to stay healthy he'd be one of the top 5 pitchers in baseball.

There's no need to pile on the Cubs this year. They're a beaten team already.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 27, 2005 -> 07:59 PM)
I understand this is news, and we can post about it.  I just find it sad that people are taking joy in Prior going down, because he plays for the Cubs.

Te tell you the truth, I haven't really seen people taking a lot of joy out of this. Some of us weren't shedding any tears, but I haven't seen a lot of pure jubiltion yet.