BMAC Back to AAA

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 28, 2005 -> 04:55 PM)
Mr. Harris is known for many things...drawing walks is not one of them.

Of all the regulars, only Konerko and Lee drew more walks than Harris last season (Thomas did, but that's a given).

McCarthy showed me that he's on the way to becoming a special pitcher, but he also showed me that he's got some more work to do down at AAA before that's going to happen. By the end of the season, maybe he'll be ready, but I'm glad he's going back to AAA to further his development. He seems to have a penchant for serving up the longball, something that he can hopefully correct before we see him at the ML level again. Also, did anyone else notice that he hardly ever threw his changeup? I didn't see him throw it at all, and when he pitched in spring training, that seemed to be a very good pitch for him.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 28, 2005 -> 08:33 AM)
Right move no doubt.  I'm also looking very forward to getting Ross back, Ross can hit no doubt about that.

Damn right, he's one of my favorite players. it will be good to get the Gload of last year back. He was clutch for the Sox and is definately an Ozzie type of player. Can't wait till he's in the lineup cause if he plays like he did last year, Everett should be relegated to pinch hitter duties.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 28, 2005 -> 08:55 AM)
Mr. Harris is known for many things...drawing walks is not one of them.

Actually Willie had a pretty solid OBP last year. It wasn't amazing but people expected Willie to come into the majors, hit .300 and carry this team as a guy playing in his first full major league season from the top of the lineup last year.

It was freaking pathetic to see so many people down on the kid. The guy plays hard and is such an underrated defender. He should steal more bases, but that will come with time and I still say if he's given an opportunity here or somewhere else to start, he's gonna turn into one of the better top of the order guys in the biz.

But people had to write him off after one year and somehow Crede gets like 4 years. I'l l never know, but I know one thing Willie had 100 times more pressure than Crede ever had considering he was forced right into the leadoff spot of a team expected to compete.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ May 29, 2005 -> 02:00 AM)
McCarthy showed me that he's on the way to becoming a special pitcher, but he also showed me that he's got some more work to do down at AAA before that's going to happen. By the end of the season, maybe he'll be ready, but I'm glad he's going back to AAA to further his development. He seems to have a penchant for serving up the longball, something that he can hopefully correct before we see him at the ML level again. Also, did anyone else notice that he hardly ever threw his changeup? I didn't see him throw it at all, and when he pitched in spring training, that seemed to be a very good pitch for him.

Maybe the Sox should do the same thing to him as the Twins did to Santana. Send him back to the minors and tell him to throw the changeup constantly and hone it. Imagine that?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 29, 2005 -> 11:04 AM)
Maybe the Sox should do the same thing to him as the Twins did to Santana.  Send him back to the minors and tell him to throw the changeup constantly and hone it.  Imagine that?

In ST he was using that pitch very effectively but for some reason he seemed reluctant to use it in his two starts. His change actually has some pretty good movement and he gives a good motion with it, he definitely should use it more.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 29, 2005 -> 02:28 AM)
Damn right, he's one of my favorite players.  it will be good to get the Gload of last year back.  He was clutch for the Sox and is definately an Ozzie type of player.  Can't wait till he's in the lineup cause if he plays like he did last year, Everett should be relegated to pinch hitter duties.

As much as I don't want to see Ross in the outfield if Dye and Everett continue to struggle it might be worth a shot to throw him out there. I mean he hasn't played out there much so maybe if he gets some PT out there he'll become more effective out there. All I know is if Carl and Jermaine don't start to hit we're going to need ross's bat in the lineup.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 29, 2005 -> 02:31 AM)
Actually Willie had a pretty solid OBP last year.  It wasn't amazing but people expected Willie to come into the majors, hit .300 and carry this team as a guy playing in his first full major league season from the top of the lineup last year.

It was freaking pathetic to see so many people down on the kid.  The guy plays hard and is such an underrated defender.  He should steal more bases, but that will come with time and I still say if he's given an opportunity here or somewhere else to start, he's gonna turn into one of the better top of the order guys in the biz. 

But people had to write him off after one year and somehow Crede gets like 4 years.  I'l l never know, but I know one thing Willie had 100 times more pressure than Crede ever had considering he was forced right into the leadoff spot of a team expected to compete.

The two things that bothered me most about willie last year were his ability to get down bunts and his base stealing ability. He's still scared and nervous out there on the bases but he's become a 10 time better bunter then he was last year. I've been very happy with willie this year, I agree if he gets a shot he's going to be a solid player.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 29, 2005 -> 09:30 AM)
As much as I don't want to see Ross in the outfield if Dye and Everett continue to struggle it might be worth a shot to throw him out there.  I mean he hasn't played out there much so maybe if he gets some PT out there he'll become more effective out there.  All I know is if Carl and Jermaine don't start to hit we're going to need ross's bat in the lineup.

The heck with it. Gload isn't as bad as some of you say defensively in the outfield. Well at least not when you compare him with Everett out there. I'm just as comfortable (not that it means I'm comfortable) with Gload out there as I am with Everett out there and Gload is a superior hitter at this point (well a heatlhy Gload) and I don't know if Everett really is healthy.

Heck, just watch, the Sox will keep Timo, sent Walker to the minors and than DL Carl Everett (I really think something is wrong with him and if nothing is wrong with him, than he's done cause he can't just continue to cheat on the fastball).

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 29, 2005 -> 12:04 PM)
Maybe the Sox should do the same thing to him as the Twins did to Santana.  Send him back to the minors and tell him to throw the changeup constantly and hone it.  Imagine that?

Whatever he has to do to get to the point where he feels comfortable throwing the change at any time, he needs to do, because when I saw him dominating in the spring, he was using that changeup consistently and effectively. Does anyone know if there's some mental or physical reason he wasn't throwing it? Has he developed blisters from throwing it or was he just uncomfortable throwing it due to nerves or did the pitching coaches tell him don't throw it or what? It just seems odd to me that a pitcher wouldn't throw a pitch that he's had success with.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ May 30, 2005 -> 12:40 AM)
Whatever he has to do to get to the point where he feels comfortable throwing the change at any time, he needs to do, because when I saw him dominating in the spring, he was using that changeup consistently and effectively. Does anyone know if there's some mental or physical reason he wasn't throwing it? Has he developed blisters from throwing it or was he just uncomfortable throwing it due to nerves or did the pitching coaches tell him don't throw it or what? It just seems odd to me that a pitcher wouldn't throw a pitch that he's had success with.

He threw it a little, he threw one to Tex and he almost hit that for a HR after his 1st HR....

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 29, 2005 -> 01:25 PM)
The heck with it.  Gload isn't as bad as some of you say defensively in the outfield.  Well at least not when you compare him with Everett out there.  I'm just as comfortable (not that it means I'm comfortable) with Gload out there as I am with Everett out there and Gload is a superior hitter at this point (well a heatlhy Gload) and I don't know if Everett really is healthy.

Heck, just watch, the Sox will keep Timo, sent Walker to the minors and than DL Carl Everett (I really think something is wrong with him and if nothing is wrong with him, than he's done cause he can't just continue to cheat on the fastball).

I didn't want to put it out there because I know Kenny reads the boards, and I didn't want to give him any ideas, but I've been thinking exactly the same thing RE:Carl....

Also, Shingo, Cotts, and Crede all have options left correct?

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 29, 2005 -> 04:59 PM)
I didn't want to put it out there because I know Kenny reads the boards, and I didn't want to give him any ideas, but I've been thinking exactly the same thing RE:Carl....

Also, Shingo, Cotts, and Crede all have options left correct?

Yep...Shingo has never used any while Crede should have at least one left and Cotts has never been demoted so he has all of his options remaining (actually check that, I think Cotts used one option that year where he started 4 games for us).