Sox @ Rangers -- 5/29/05

Guest JimH
Jim,

I hope that is an optimistic statement from you.

Just trying to look big picture actually.

It is easy to get very down on the team when the offense has been this frustrating. At time like this I tend to take a step back and look at what's happening next.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AirScott @ May 29, 2005 -> 02:42 PM)
what is this?  AJ throwing out a would-be base stealer.  looks like things might be starting to turn around...then again, Richard Hidalgo is not exactly a burner.

Don't forget he's catching perhaps two of the slowest deliveries in the league with Contreras and Hernandez.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ May 29, 2005 -> 03:40 PM)
Tino Martinez, Rafeal Palmeiro, Mark Texiera are 3.

i'll give you teixeria. no doubt.

palmeiro has NINETEEN RBI. puts him on pace for about 60 this season. no shot.

tino his hitting just 20 points higher than paulie, with less homers and ribbies. the only reason he gets on that team is because is torre is picking it.

sexson might go, but outside of teixeria, none of these guys is head and shoulders above paulie.

i'm still accepting wagers on this.

QUOTE(jerseysox @ May 29, 2005 -> 03:45 PM)
i'll give you teixeria. no doubt.

palmeiro has NINETEEN RBI. puts him on pace for about 60 this season. no shot.

tino his hitting just 20 points higher than paulie, with less homers and ribbies. the only reason he gets on that team is because is torre is picking it.

sexson might go, but outside of teixeria, none of these guys is head and shoulders above paulie.

i'm still accepting wagers on this.

Doh.

Tex, Tino, Sexson, Palmeiro, Sweeney, Hinske, Ortiz, Morneau

Pick 3

Guest JimH
Shingo needs to be released.  I know it wont happen, but he just doesn't have enough left to get out MLB hitters.

They need to figure something out, they're working around him right now. If he's the mop up guy, fine, but then he'll need to be able to throw 3+ innings and he can't do that.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 29, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
Sweeney has far better numbers than Morneau.  Hitting .312, 9 home runs, 35 RBI on a poor Royals team.

I'm saying Morneau should be an all-star over Paulie right now.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 29, 2005 -> 08:47 PM)
They need to figure something out, they're working around him right now.  If he's the mop up guy, fine, but then he'll need to be able to throw 3+ innings and he can't do that.

Exactly. Shingo has officially reached Danny Wright status with me now. Any time he gets out of the inning without allowing a run, I'm shocked.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 29, 2005 -> 03:45 PM)
Tito is not picking Konekro over his own guy (Ortiz)

crap, i forgot the yankees didn't actually go to the series. and perhaps if ortiz's fat ass actually played the field regularly, i'd agree.

but sweeney is a good one. sexson is just a lankier konerko. maybe it's not as clear cut as i thought, but i stand by my call.

and what was the harold reynolds reference?

QUOTE(fathom @ May 29, 2005 -> 02:48 PM)
Exactly.  Shingo has officially reached Danny Wright status with me now.  Any time he gets out of the inning without allowing a run, I'm shocked.

What is his ERA now? LOL

Byung Hung Kim is back.