Sox @ Rangers -- 5/29/05

QUOTE(fathom @ May 29, 2005 -> 01:54 PM)
I hope we get enough runners so Ozzie can let OMIT TIMO bat for Crede.

Hey...the faster we end this road trip the better. It'll take Joe at least 3 pitches to strike out. Timo should be able to pop up the first pitch.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 29, 2005 -> 01:55 PM)
Just imagine how embarrasing when they announce him at the AllStar game

NOW BATTING FOR THE AMERICAN LEAGUE, FIRST BASEMAN PAUL KONKERO.

Pauly comes into this game with a 208 BA with 13 home runs.

That's still better than the numbers Giambi had when he was an all star last year.

I do love the fact that the Sox have smoked the ball hard in all 3 games only for them to be caught. Meanwhile, the Rangers in between those homeruns, have duck-snorted the Sox to death.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 29, 2005 -> 03:56 PM)
Hey...the faster we end this road trip the better.  It'll take Joe at least 3 pitches to strike out.  Timo should be able to pop up the first pitch.

is this timo's last at bat with the sox?

Guest JimH

It should be fun seeing the Indians and Twins beat the s*** out of each other this week. Seems like those two teams go extra innings every time.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 29, 2005 -> 03:54 PM)
Does anyone find it rather odd Cordero is pitching in a blowout?

Appears as if Showalter is having his fun right now.

He has only pitched once in the last five days i believe. They probally want to keep him fresh.

QUOTE(jerseysox @ May 29, 2005 -> 08:57 PM)

Great point, that just made me extremely excited. I'm sure it wont be though. And with that, I say a big "f*** you Timo Perez, you no talented piece of s***".

QUOTE(ChiSoxFan @ May 29, 2005 -> 08:57 PM)
I do love the fact that the Sox have smoked the ball hard in all 3 games only for them to be caught.  Meanwhile, the Rangers in between those homeruns, have duck-snorted the Sox to death.

Not to be an asshole, but did I miss the games where we hit the ball hard? I've seen more weak pop ups than anything else. Even a lot of the Rangers outs were hit hard the past few games.

Guest JimH

I was thinking the same thing. He might last this week, until El Duque comes off the DL which doesn't have to be until Friday.

Walker gets sent down for Frank, if Gload comes up I can't see them keeping Perez over Harris at this point. Harris has been decent and he's been doing the job spelling for Iguchi.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 29, 2005 -> 03:59 PM)
Ozzie to Timo after the game:

Nice K Timo.  By the way, stand over by Shingo.  KW needs to have a word with the both of you.  Stand over by your luggage.

STOP getting my hopes up!

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 29, 2005 -> 08:55 PM)
Just imagine how embarrasing when they announce him at the AllStar game

NOW BATTING FOR THE AMERICAN LEAGUE, FIRST BASEMAN PAUL KONKERO.

Pauly comes into this game with a 208 BA with 13 home runs.

Too many other 1B playing better than Konerko, but didn't Torre select Giambi a few years ago when he was batting .220?

QUOTE(JimH @ May 29, 2005 -> 09:00 PM)
I was thinking the same thing.  He might last this week, until El Duque comes off the DL which doesn't have to be until Friday. 

Walker gets sent down for Frank, if Gload comes up I can't see them keeping Perez over Harris at this point.  Harris has been decent and he's been doing the job spelling for Iguchi.

By no means am I a fan of Harris....but if he gets sent down, and Timo stays.....Ozzie deserves to be punched in the f***ing mouth.

QUOTE(ChiSoxFan @ May 29, 2005 -> 02:57 PM)
I do love the fact that the Sox have smoked the ball hard in all 3 games only for them to be caught.  Meanwhile, the Rangers in between those homeruns, have duck-snorted the Sox to death.

Minnesota's offense has mastered bloop hitting for three straight years.

I've becomed used to witnessing it.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 29, 2005 -> 09:01 PM)
Minnesota's offense has mastered bloop hitting for three straight years.

I've becomed used to witnessing it.

Bloop hits will occur more when you dont try and pull every f***ing pitch. Nearly every bloop by the Rangers went towards the opposite field. Coincidence?

QUOTE(fathom @ May 29, 2005 -> 02:01 PM)
By no means am I a fan of Harris....but if he gets sent down, and Timo stays.....Ozzie deserves to be punched in the f***ing mouth.

I believe one of the papers yesterday carried a blurb about how the Sox were looking forwards to having another left-handed bat off the bench (gload). If that isn't an indictment of our current left-handed bats off the bench...I don't know what is.

QUOTE(Brian @ May 29, 2005 -> 04:01 PM)
Too many other 1B playing better than Konerko, but didn't Torre select Giambi a few years ago when he was batting .220?

Francona is hopefully not a biased fool and selects dave mccarty in.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 29, 2005 -> 03:02 PM)
Bloop hits will occur more when you dont try and pull every f***ing pitch.  Nearly every bloop by the Rangers went towards the opposite field.  Coincidence?

Ironically enough the only hitter that is hitting above 300 is the gentleman that doesnt speak english. The minute Walker gets a japanese to english dictionary we are hosed.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 29, 2005 -> 09:00 PM)
I was thinking the same thing.  He might last this week, until El Duque comes off the DL which doesn't have to be until Friday. 

Walker gets sent down for Frank, if Gload comes up I can't see them keeping Perez over Harris at this point.  Harris has been decent and he's been doing the job spelling for Iguchi.

I think Frank is being activated in McCarthy's place. Probably Cotts or Walker down for Gload, hopefully Cotts. Not sure what would happed when El Duque comes back. Probably will want to keep an extra guy on the bench for road interleague games, but who knows. I'm rambling now cuz it is frustrating watching these guys. Can't turn a double play and giving up long balls.

3 guys in the pen worth a damn, Marte, Politte, and Hermy.