Cubs Trade Latroy Hawkins

Kalapse

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I'm shocked the giants gave up on Williams, he's got a chance to be a good one. Besides that though I think this has the potential to be a good trade for both teams. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Latroy with a change of scenery absolutely dominates again in a set up role.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 28, 2005 -> 11:43 AM)
What a great trade by the Cubs.  This is a very, very impressive move from Jim Hendry.

Aardsma might end up being the jewel of the trade.

He is an awesome pitcher from Rice. I remember watching on espn2.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 28, 2005 -> 10:45 AM)
How is it possible that the Cubs continue to fleece teams like this. Jerome Williams has the potential to be a stud in the big leagues for years to come. Latroy Hawkins is a piece of s***.

Aardsma has an even brighter future than Williams.

Truly, the Giants got fleeced. The Cub fans ought to gloat over this trade for awhile...lord knows they have nothing else to be happy about.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 28, 2005 -> 11:48 AM)
You can't just say a change in scenery will suddenly turn around a guy like Latroy Hawkins, his head is majorly f***ed up. He'll suck in San Fran. Book it.

If SF doesn't ask him to close he will be fine. Book it.

QUOTE(bulokis @ May 28, 2005 -> 11:52 AM)
WTF? Who is the GM of SF, is he drunk or what.

I'm starting to think Hendry treats these GMs to a few cold ones before they talk business.

Edited by 3E8

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 28, 2005 -> 11:52 AM)
Random piece of information per ESPN Radio 1000, Aardsma is the alphabetically first player in the history of baseball.

Two A's to start your name will do that for ya.

This is the most MVP baseballish trade the Cubs have pulled off yet. Jerome Williams and Aardasma both have kind of low ratings because they're young and Latroy Hawkins has a decent rating because he's a veteran. You trade the s***ty older Vet. for the two you minor league studs. It's good video game strategy.