Brian Miller Released

danman31

I saw Miller wasn't on the listed Warthogs' roster on milb.com so I did some searching to see what happened. I found this press release on the Carolina League website.

WHITE SOX MAKE WARTHOGS' PLAYER MOVES

May 27, 2005

Winston-Salem, NC - The Chicago White Sox made two Winston-Salem Warthogs' player moves on Friday. Shortstop, Robert Valido, is activated off the suspended list. Valido missed the last 15 games after violating the Minor League Drug Abuse and Prevention Program. Valido ranks sixth in the Carolina League with a .313 batting average and has three home runs with 14 RBIs. Valido is also tied for the league lead with 11 stolen bases.

Also Friday, the White Sox released pitcher Brian Miller. Miller was 0-0 with a 6.19 ERA in 11 appearances out of the bullpen. The Warthogs active roster is at 25.

Sucks to see Miller released. He had a lot of promise when we drafted him out of high school. He was decent last year, but that's about the only good year he's had. Control has always been an issue with him, too.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 28, 2005 -> 05:02 PM)
Phil Rogers said he had easy 95 MPH heat.  Boy was he wrong.  Nothing against Miller but he was never as good as BA hyped him up to be.

Wish him the best though, he was a hard worker.

Yep, the kid was never anywhere near that, no idea where Phil got that from. He was usually lucky if he could hit 90-91. Too bad for Brian, good luck to him wherever he ends up.